Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 Sample Model 4

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

818 Sample Model 4

I asked John (who is our master shaper) to put a bit of detail into one of the models. I picked Jim's model because I was considering taking it to SEMA and wanted to see it a bit more refined than last Saturday. John added some minor details and we took some better quality pictures. I think the difference is quite dramatic and feel like the top of my head is getting warmer (higher HoF quotient).

You guys asked for some better images and if your feedback here matches how I'm feeling, we might go further with the models (the SEMA truck left this morning so to get all 4 models to a higher level of detail will have to wait until after SEMA). I think the difference is dramatic, but you guys should be the judges.

I took the liberty of chopping the windshield, although I would like to see it more raked as the model appears to have been milled a bit off when it comes to windshield rake.

Right front corner from a higher elevation shows the rear end that is often lost of these corner shots.

This photo shows how the rear end doesn't really get proper notice.

At first, I thought this was an AMG Mercedes. I really like these lines, although I'm still not sold on the radiator opening.

Another hood detail since so many people had issues with Jim's hood.

This shot reminds me of a 355 Ferrari stance.

Here's a rear quarter elevation shot.
    Last edited by Dave Smith; 10-26-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing