Now that I'm looking at finally attaching my side mirrors, I have to ask the question the question that I KNOW is on everyone's mind. The debate that makes enemies of brothers. The decision that makes or breaks the life of a car. Because we don't really have enough to discuss politically these days...

Mount them to the door? Or mount them just in front of the door to the cowl panel/fender?

All kidding aside— I never even considered mounting them to anything but the door, but now that I've really started looking in detail, it seems like a fair share (including some of the road legal originals) actually mount them to the cowl panel.

I'm going with Raydot style mirrors (I realize they are mostly useless to begin with) but I'm just curious what people like/dislike about where they mounted theirs, and anything else I should consider. I gotta be honest, I was a dyed-in-the-wool door mounter for most of my life, but I'm starting to like what I see in the cowl panel mounting ticket. Can you change my mind?