Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Carl's and Phil's Mk4 Roadster Build Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carl's and Phil's Mk4 Roadster Build Thread

The time has finally arrived to start building our Mk4 roadster! I figured we would keep a build thread to help catalog our progress. In addition, I have read so many build threads in preparation that I figured I could pay it forward by sharing my build.

Let me give a little background. My brother, Phil, and I had both been dreaming of building a FFR Roadster. A few years ago we were talking and my brother mentioned he really wanted to build one. I told him I had been looking at it as well. Interestingly, we had both came up with essentially the same build and options as the other, even the same engine. During that conversation we decided to build one together. We started saving our pennies and finally purchased the kit back in October. Here is the basic run down:

Mk4 Complete Kit with powder coated chassis
    Blueprint 347 EFI with TKO-600
    Power steering
    3-link solid rear axle
    Drop trunk
    Rear cockpit cubby
    Heater/defroster
    Soft top
    Front battery relocation kit
    Passenger rollbar
    Vintage GPS gauges

My brother lives about 5 hours away and we are building it at his house. That means the build will go in spurts. I also made him promise to not build anything when I'm not there... Luckily, I get big chunks of time off so we should move along nicely.
    Last edited by hineas; 06-30-2023 at 03:31 PM.

2. Likes GTBradley liked this post