Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 2006 Megasquirt build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

2006 Megasquirt build

after 4 years of ownership, I got fed up living with COBB ots tunes as they do nothing, I dont want to upgrade components until i get the max out of what I got and what i got is stock. It feels slower then 4 years ago.

I want a few more PSI of boost and put to use whatever the stock pump/injectors can handle with an adjustable FPR currently i dropped it to 35 base pressure.
    Built a MS2 for this project and so far I have piggy backed the stock ECU and went for a test and tune on my back roads.

initial plans are:
    keep stock ECU controlling Idle/ETC, Spark, Fans, Tach,Cruise control (currently disabled cause i detatched the fuel pump module)
    THen attatch MS to Grimmspeed 3 port solenoid,fuel pump 100% duty constant, fuel injectors <-has not triggered a Code from this

After initial tuning session last night I find idle is finicky and stalling but I believe the MAF is touching the turbo overflow alloy bottle and causing false hot IAT temps and messing with ETC parameters.

If this is not the case and the idle will not stabilize then I will be forced to go full standalone
    -copy over as much of the timing table from the COBB screen
    -keep the stock ECU connected to KEY On power and only leave the throttle body and pedal functions attatched (tested last night)
    -this option means I fully disconnect the CKP from the stock ecu so it does not see anything running and try to control my idle
    - this also means I lose cruise control
    -remove the 20mm freeze plug on top of the intake and tap m20 x 1.5 threads and get a -8an adapter
    - then hook this up to any PWM idle motor I can find at the scrapper, preferably a bosch 3 wire with a 35ohm 1 watt resistor on the closed side to Ground
    -Use the CEL bulb as a shift light.

Ideally I would love to hack into the THrottle pedal and change it's output signals to get a full sweep of the pedal rather then 1/2 pedal=WOT (anyone know about this?)
    Last edited by mac1; 02-17-2021 at 02:42 PM.