Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Gator View Post
Hobby knows his stuff. We just have a slight disagreement on the value of a LSD. It's funny, I usually have disagreements with builders on this forum and NASIOC over the value difference between a Cusco plated LSD vs a Torsen/Quaife LSD. I'm in the Torsen/Quaife camp, but many folks swear the Cusco plated style is faster.
I actually love the Torsen/Quaife LSD. Had one in my 5 speed. I just wanted to try the 6 speed with the open diff to see if the LSD was worth the upgrade. With 250hp it was not needed on the tracks I go to. Having said that, with my recent power bump I will most likely be adding a Quaife to trans sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Gator View Post
And keep in mind you are getting a 15 year old tranny out of a JDM car. I bought a JDM Forrester STI 6 speed and installed it in my first LGT race car. It worked for a couple of years but the syncros were going out. They can be a great value but they can also be a pig in a poke.
Yeah, its nice if you can inspect the unit prior to purchasing it. I was able to look mine over before plunking down my cash so I was confident it was a good unit.