I just suffered through the registration process in Manatee/Sarasota County Florida and wanted to share my experience although it might not be the same for different counties in the state.
I tried to register it as a 33 replica but FFR is not listed in the Florida data base or approved by the Florida Highway Safety Board, not sure why but FFR have probably gone down this road with no success?
They now register it as a ASPT car (built from parts) It was registered as a "2022 ASPT" and they gave me a VIN number at inspection.
The process was as follows:
1. go to the regional office that does ASPT, in my case was located in Palmetto.
2. fill out the application form and pay $40 cash, you must have insurance (I used Hagerties through Midwest classic cars, great folks), bring certificate of origin from FFR, photos of car all 4 sides, and declaration of builders form to list every major component. I filled these forms out there with help from them since the instructions online are completely wrong and they will not allow you to white out or cross out errors, I did not need to have a police officer verify the chasis number, they don't need that and they don't need the serial number, list car as a "2022 ASPT" and VIN number just put FLA.
You will also have to get car weighed, in my case I went to the landfill they charge $1.50 but I had to trailer it there, Everyone says it should weigh about 2500 lbs, when she handed me the ticket and it said 2-5-0-0 I almost fell over, lol. The funny thing is there is no mention of the car on the slip so I could have brought in any car to get weighed and they would never know (lesson learned)
3. they will notify you in 2 weeks for an inspection date at the same location, inspections are only on Tuesdays. luckily I got mine in 2 weeks.
4. Once you get the email for the inspection date, take the copy of the email and insurance card to any DMV and get a temp tag so you can drive the car to the inspection. you can also trailer the car there but that is a pain since these cars are so low to the ground getting on and off a trailer is not fun.
5. go to the inspection and they will give you a VIN number, it will be FLA******, they put a sticker on driver door jamb, and that's it, no "inspection" they don't test anything, blinkers, brake lights etc...
6. They will give you a sealed envelope which you then take back to the DMV and get registration and tags and of course pay sales tax on car kit (pay in cash otherwise they charge 2% on debit cards)

And it's as simple as that! A few stiff drinks helped me get though it...