I know, this seems like a dumb question.....even to me.

My car was at a ride height of about 4". I wanted it a touch higher. F5 recommends 4.5" so a little higher would be good to prevent scraping the front piece. I adjusted the fronts OK; not easy, but got it done. With the car raised by the frame to let the suspension droop, after a couple turns of the spring perch the spring is compressed and it gets hard to turn. But, got it done.

But the rear is another story. Yes, I could turn the spring perches, but just barely. The spring seems to be compressed enough to make it extremely difficult to turn the perch. The car is lifted by the frame, but the suspension is not drooped much. You can see in the picture with the tire off the ground the lower control arm is roughly parallel with the ground. Is that normal or should it go down lower? I pulled on it but it seems to have hit a pretty solid stop.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 4.03.02 PM.jpg

I thought maybe removing the coilover lower mount bolt would help, but the bolt won't come out. I hit it with a hammer and it didn't move. I could hit it a lot harder, but it told me that there is something binding up the bolt. Only thing that comes to mind is the suspension won't go lower and the coilover is pushing hard on it, so binding up that lower bolt. I thought maybe the shock hit its limit of travel and kept a lot of load on the spring. That would explain the spring mount being hard to turn, but not the bolt not coming out.

Thoughts?

Rick