BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Chris's NEO #19218 Build: (Body lift + Front suspension)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris's NEO #19218 Build: (Body lift + Front suspension)

Hey everyone, Welcome to Chris's Build Thread

Wanted to log progress for my MK4 #19218 Factory Five Roadster build.

I've always loved hands-on projects that mix engineering with creativity. I am thrilled to start this build. I've got tentative plans for it, my goal at least of now, a SBF/Dart w based motor, along with wanting to learn to do body work, and paint. I understand that this is an uphill battle and am thrilled to learn everything along the way.

So, here's how it's been going:

Ordered basic kit w/IRS and powder coating May16th
    IMG_2811.jpg

Delivery July 14 by Stewart Transport, absolute professionals, I was concerned about delivery space, but driver was able to maneuver effortlessly and he was out in less than an hour.
    PXL_20240614_122634395.RAW-01.MP.COVER.jpg

Chassis Cart:
    I started the day I got the kit by constructing the chassis cart. these base plans

Body lift:
    I tend to try and be as self sufficient as possible. The body lift enables me to easily remove/place the body on the chassis, as well move around the shop, and I will modify this in the future to securely hold the body lower for when I am working the body. It's welded together from 3 7' 2x3 steel tubing making up the base also on casters, then 12" 2.5" square tube holders where 6' 2.25" steel tube vertical supports, then another cantilevered 6' 2.25" , all gusseted up , cost about $500, and now takes up a large portion of my garage. Two 150lb kayak pulley systems are then used to raise/lower the body.
    PXL_20240630_192352034.jpg

The Build so far:
    Installing the f panels and front suspension as its in the front of the book!!, using the Factory Five lower control arms
    PXL_20240714_184020633.jpg

Next Steps:
    looking into power steering rack, and while I was working in there, I am looking into the Forte Performance front sway bar. and still deciding on what brake system to go with, depending on whether we choose 15-inch wheels or other...

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by microbionic; 07-24-2024 at 06:34 AM.