Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: David says hello from Illinois

Post Thanks / Like

Talking David says hello from Illinois

After reading this forum for the past few weeks it was obvious I have found home. After taking the past 13 years off from my car hobby to focus on new wife, new house and kids its time for me to ease back in. I am very interested in building an 818 with my oldest boys. Although it will be at least a year before I start assembling an 818 I have to finish my 93 Cobra Mustang replica and sell it to obtain funds and open up a space in my garage for the project. Thanks for having a great forum and I look forward to sharing knowledge and friendship with all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, you will have a great time with the boys building this project.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I love to build things, but am tired of the house projects now its onto something really fun. Paid my way through college painting cars on the side so I am already toying with different House of Kolor colors in my mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, David! Get your order in soon on the 818, that thing is selling very well and the waiting time is at about 12 months.
    Coupe #497 delivered 7/29/10. Engine in on 10/1/10. Pushcart on 10/4/10. First start on 12/01/10. First go-cart on 12/31/10. Finished and on the road as of February 2012.
    Coupe Body Buck Plans - My Spray Booth - Painting Lessons Learned
    Build site: www.bamacoupe.blogspot.com
    Lots of build photos and some observations: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53614858@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you DARKPT and 68GT500MAN! My understanding is there remains only 2 more allocation open for this year - I will be targeting the next batch for 2015.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome David!

If you're in the Chicago area, definitely keep in touch. Looks like we're aiming to place our orders in a similar time frame. I'm looking forward to building an R car, since I coach HPDE with a few of the Midwest organizations. It would be nice to be in touch with folks in the area doing similar projects.

Best,
    -john

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome home David! Glad to have you here.

I look forward to watching your adventure unfold. You definitely found a great group of like-minded folks who love to build stuff! And I say "stuff" 'cause as you probably know, if your handy with tools there are ALWAYS projects of all types to do!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you David. This is the first time I have joined a forum, most that I have looked at have too many immature individuals.
    Great job moderating this site!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Santiago - I was hoping someone was local to me! I live in the Chicago suburbs. My focus is to wrap up my mustang and sell - freeing up the funds to buy donor car then place order for 818.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent!

BTW, I'm also trying to wrap up a Mustang for sale - a `72 Fastback. Looks like we've got a lot of common car-mojo going on. =)
    I know of at least one other guy local who is seriously considering an 818 build as well, so maybe we can gather the troops from time to time.

Good luck with getting your Mustang ready and out the door.

Best,
    -john

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So funny, I'm working on a Mustang project as well! '66 GT coupe resto-mod. After it's off my plate I'm moving on to the 818 as well.

Like John said, lots of common car mojo!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great! I really enjoyed dusting off the Miller welder and having to purchase a plasma cutter (wife agreed to early Christmas gift since it will help get the mustang done ASAP). I will actually get to use my old Accu-Spray HVLP spray gun again to.

Post Thanks / Like
    The hp/weight ratio potential of the 818 was the kiss of death for my mustang

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Glad you are able to work your way back into the hobby. I too had a mustang to restore. I got a 68 coupe with a 289 that ran for $500. It was not the right time for me. I was still working on the roadster so it went to a good home where it would be brought back to it's original glory. I'm with you about the mustangs. They can't compete with an FFR project. I would sell almost anything before the roadster goes on the block! A year sounds like a long time but you will be surprised how quickly it will get here, especially, with prepping for the donor and all the other stuff to build a frame up project. Good luck, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046