Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: David's MKIV BIG BOX passenger footbox mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb David's MKIV BIG BOX passenger footbox mod

I've completed an update to the passenger footbox that is part of my brother's "Anni Build". The box is designed for small blocks only and substantially increases it's size.

I started out based on the previously posted passenger footbox mod, but I made some changes to make it mimic the overall (square front) shape of a MKIV footbox. Also, the physical measurements of that box did not work for me so I started with the bottom, modified the top, then made new templates for the sides.

It fully encases the 1 1/2" round tube.

Here are a bunch of pics for your critique and comment:

The footbox floors for both the driver and passenger have been remade with .100 metal instead of the supplied .040 and feel much more solid under your feet. You can see the thickness in the last shot above.

Questions and comments welcome.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

When determining how big you can make it did you have to install the engine? I am going for a 351W stroker and like the idea of more room.

Ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Ian,

I did also measure against my 302 installed in my MKIII. Still, it's a leap of faith right now. Once the engine is in and everything clears I might create some more to sell on this site.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)