Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
Find out if Factory Five will send them to the border in your wife's name and pick them up before the kit arrives or After. You won't need them right away you have lots of drilling and riveting.
Good idea. I did talk to factory five and they did say that they could supply the parts. I tried to see if i could source the parts on my own but it looks like it would take alot of research to figure out exactly what the parts are from, ie steering rack from a mustang, not sure what the shocks are from, etc.

I have been out in the garage for most of the evening, my fingers are numb, i'm sick with a cold and have a pounding headache. Regardless it didn't keep me out of the garage. Fun enough i have so many cuts on my hands from cleaning parts that my iphone wont unlock with my finger print anymore. Aluminum is SHARP!

I am down to the last knuckle and A arm, i am letting them sit in degreaser overnight, they are rough, like someone pored oil on them and drove down a dirt road. 2 hours cleaning them and they now to the point the others started. Once that was done i decided to move over to some engine cleaning, figured a top down approach should work best. I have swapped engines in the past but never cared enough to make them spotless so this is new territory for me. I started by removing the coil packs, and then the metal mounts that the coils mount to, followed by the wiring harness as a whole. I was then able to remove the fuel rail and the air intake. Throttle body came off after that followed by the valve covers. I used gunk degreaser to carefully remove the gunk being careful to keep it out of the engine. I used non scratching SOS pads and a soft bristle brush to get into those hard to reach areas.

Tomorrow i may pull off the accessories and start cleaning the mounts, bolts and accessories themselves.
IMG_0304.JPGIMG_0306.JPGIMG_0307.JPGIMG_0308.JPGIMG_0309.JPGIMG_0310.JPGIMG_0305.JPG