Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: re-programing

Post Thanks / Like

re-programing

Ok so now my car is up and running I need to hook into it for dignostics and programing, I have a really old COBB V1 and the car had a Stage 2 program in it from the WRX days.

I need to hook in and check codes and program out codes, But I dont want to loose the Stage 2 COBB program. I would like to get a TACTRIX cable and softwear and program out my evap codes and keep the Stage 2, will that work and what will I need to make that work?

TACTRIX cable? Open open Port Adapter? Softwear?

Romraider?

please tell me what you have used and how it worked for you?

Thanks
    Last edited by Lumpyguy; 07-11-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you need to choose between the Cobb or the open source software. I believe the Cobb locks the cpu and it needs to be unmated to allow any other access. I used a Tactrix cable and Romraider and had no problems turning off the CEL codes. Tuning is another story, it should really be done by someone with experience and a dyno.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok NP thanks, I really liked the stage 2 maps of my Cobb system but want to turn off all my Fuel tank emissions codes for leaving them out of the build. can you delete codes with the Newer Cobb AP V3?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpyguy View Post
    Ok NP thanks, I really liked the stage 2 maps of my Cobb system but want to turn off all my Fuel tank emissions codes for leaving them out of the build. can you delete codes with the Newer Cobb AP V3?
    Yes. You only need a laptop and to request a copy of Cobb's Accesstuner Race. They'll send you a copy that will allow you to make changes via your Accessport (serially locked).
    818S - #67 (SOLD IT!)
    Delivered: 18 November 2013
    Go Karted: 29 December 2013
    Titled/Registered: 28 March 2014
    Finished: NEVER!
    341 hp @ 4844 RPM / 389 tq @ 3717 RPM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
    Yes. You only need a laptop and to request a copy of Cobb's Accesstuner Race. They'll send you a copy that will allow you to make changes via your Accessport (serially locked).
    i dont think you can use accesstuner with a version 1 AP. Cobb no longer supports it. The version 2 & 3 both work. The software is super simple to use. There is a tab that lists all the codes the ECU recognizes. Literally all you have to do is uncheck the box by the codes you want off, save it, and put it on the accessport using the accessport manager software. Then just flash the map!
    Last edited by philly15; 07-11-2015 at 11:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by philly15 View Post
    i dont think you can use accesstuner with a version 1 AP.
    Correct. I was answering his last question:

can you delete codes with the Newer Cobb AP V3?
    818S - #67 (SOLD IT!)
    Delivered: 18 November 2013
    Go Karted: 29 December 2013
    Titled/Registered: 28 March 2014
    Finished: NEVER!
    341 hp @ 4844 RPM / 389 tq @ 3717 RPM

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I think I am gonna get the COBB AP V3, how much does it cost for the accesstuner softwware to delete the codes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I think I am gonna get the COBB AP V3, how much does it cost for the accesstuner softwware to delete the codes?
    The software was free but you have to request it from Cobb unless something changed.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    I did all of this last week. I have the Cobb V3, and requested the Race tuner software (free with purchase of the Accessport) using their web site on a Saturday. A link was emailed back to me within 1/2 hour. The software only runs on Windows. In about 1/2 hour I figured out how to have the ECU ignore all of the sensors that I had removed. No more check engine light.
    Worked great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a Cobb Accessport V3 about 6 mo ago.
    Easy to use. I used it to access all the sensors and I wanted to know what the coolant temp was. No problem, accessport easily displays up to 6 items at a time. You can also do datalogging.
    I also downloaded the Stage 1 map. With the mods I did, including addition of Cobb intake, the engine was running a little rough. With the Stage 1 it now runs pretty smooth. I think with the 3 in. exhaust I am adding I can probably download Stage II, but I plan to hold off and play it safe till I can get it tuned correctly.
    In the meantime, its good for lots of info.
    I still need to delete some sensors, so I'll have to follow Matteo's lead and ask for the race tuner software.
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015