The issues I am having with the assembly manual and updates are not deterring me from enjoying the build. I have experienced similar issues with an Electric Auto conversion kit and a cedar strip canoe kit. The techwriters seem to be way behind threads and fixes. Probably the best techwriter I ever saw was a fellow named Eric Kriss fellow not only produces the most beautiful builds his detailed assembly manual is unsurpassed.
I will try to send more updates and photos.
The build is going somewhat incident free as I jump from one part of the build to another. I found a company less than one mile from my office that powdercoats at a really low cost. I wish I found him before I finished the firewall. I also was lucky enough to find a Subaru Performance shop close by that will be able to help me with engine issues. I had him change all the wheel bearing from the donor.
The biggest mistake I made was when I converted the transmission. I put the FFR plate on and forgot to use FFR bolts. You cannot use the old transmission end bolts, they are too long and will crack your transmission case. Luckily it was not too bad and JB WELD was the fix.
I will attach over the next few posts all my current pics to get you up to date.
and I am hoping to write a daily post.
I attached the radiator the previous post shows that result. I am working on the seats. I am planning on removing the donor seat covers , having them cleaned and seeing if I can put them back together, The Ken Gilbert site gave me all the info I need to try and make that happen. Let the pictures beginIMG_1786.JPGIMG_1790.JPGIMG_1839.JPGIMG_1842.JPGIMG_1843.JPGIMG_1844.JPGIMG_1845.JPGIMG_1854.JPGIMG_1855.JPGIMG_1856.JPG