Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Mark's MKIV 8666 Build Thread - Now for sale!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 6t8dart View Post
    image.jpg
    I got off work a little early today, so I decided to build a body buck. I have a buddy coming over Saturday, he doesn't know it yet, but he is being "volunteered" to lift the body off.
    I think I screwed this up, I ran the side supports at 63" apart, however, I forgot that the body pinches in at the bottom and is only about 54" wide. I have to do a little more measuring and see if the sides will clear, if not, I need to tear it apart and move them inboard each about 6 "

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 6t8dart View Post
    I think I screwed this up, I ran the side supports at 63" apart, however, I forgot that the body pinches in at the bottom and is only about 54" wide. I have to do a little more measuring and see if the sides will clear, if not, I need to tear it apart and move them inboard each about 6 "
    Ok, we got the body on the buck yesterday, the fit was just horrible! But then, I wondered, what if we turn it 180 degrees? Wow, fit much better! Lol! It still could be better in the back, I may make a couple pieces to screw to the existing boards and adjust the fit a bit. I think F5 needs to redraw their patterns for the MKIVs.
    image.jpg