BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Silver986S Build Thread - Opinions Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Silver986S Build Thread - Opinions Welcome!

Hi all-

I received my kit back in May of 2015, and I have been slowly making progress on it as my schedule permits. I'm not afraid to tackle any car projects, and I do most of my own work on my cars, so that's a plus. However, my mind doesn't work like a designer/engineer/fabricator. When working on my own cars, the complete assembly (whatever that may be) is in front of me, which I then disassemble, address the problem, and then reassemble to factory spec. With the 818 kit, I don't see the finished product beforehand, aside from the instruction manual and the excellent build threads in this forum. Pictures and verbal explanations unfortunately aren't how I learn, though, as I need to see/hold/touch to figure things out. Because of this, the build moves along very well until I run into a situation that doesn't work exactly as the manual indicates it should, and then I cannot visualize the solution. I have read through many of the build threads, and I see a lot of situations where members will post pictures, and someone helpfully points out something they see is incorrect. I'm hoping that I can get some assistance in this manner, as well. Thanks in advance!

-TJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost done! JK

Looks good.

Maybe test fit the aluminum panels before you get too much stuff in the way. Drill the rivet holes while they are easily accessible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha! Almost...

As it sits now, it's a little further along than this, but not much. I just didn't have any more recent photos on my work computer.

That's a great idea. I'm sure the further along I get in the build, the more stuff will interfere with my drill.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the lower control arm brackets are a common mistake people make, specifically mounting them upside down. Can anyone tell me if these look correct? I know it's not the best shot of them.LCA Bracket Driver's Side.jpgLCA Bracket Passenger's Side.jpg