Quote Originally Posted by carlewms View Post
Boat,

Sorry for the very late reply ... some health issues have kept me sidelined for the last three weeks.

I like the look and that shine of it ... did you do it for both sides?

Right now I have a lot of aluminum tubing of various different diameters but don't have the delrin so I may need to try the tubing first.

Again,

Thanks.
Hi Carl. I'm with you on the health thing. Got knocked for a loop last month myself. Have had to re-vamp my whole life. But with all my changes, I'm doing great and hoping to get back to work (job) in a month or so.

Right now, I've made up a Delrin spacer (with the coupling nut inside) for both sides. The driver side is a bit shorter at 1 inch, and the passenger side at about 1 1/2 inches, but I did cut a third one at 2 inches if I need it. It still looks as if I will need to put a bend in at least the passenger side bracket to get the RayDot mirror pointing correctly. I figure 15 or 20 degree bend ought to do it, I just have to get over to a friends shop that has a break (or is that brake?) that can bend that little 1/4 inch thick bracket. I'm not at that point in the build quite yet where the windshield is on the car so it's all speculation, guessing and standing back and hemming and hawing. After seeing Marcelo's (CDXXVII) I'm sure it will be perfect.