Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  111

Thread: CV2065 MKIV Build Thread - Graduated!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finished up the filler tube and rear tail lights today. Gas tank cap came out great. I clocked it to about the 1:00 position to match the outboard center of the cutout. I did not use the FFR provided screws, and drilled out the holes a bit. I substituted with stainless 8-32 x 1" bolts with washers and lock nuts. Cutting the filler tube to 5" as prescribed in the directions was a perfect fit. To continue with my blacked out look, I painted the heads of the screws with 2K gloss black epoxy and let dry overnight. I'll do the same with other hardware as well. Much more durable than anything I can buy and I don't have to wait for it.

I also completed my rear tail lights. This took a little longer than I had anticipated. The pre-drilled holes did not align with the lights, so had to be drilled out a bit. Also, had to enlarge the hole for my weather packs to fit and also so that the light would sit flush. The base of each light is about 1-1/4"...the hole from FFR is only 1". I started with widening the sides to accommodate the weather pack first, then widened the hole from top to bottom after that. Used my shop vac and Dremel tool and not only did a great job, but avoided a huge mess with fiberglass dust.

The washers with the lights seemed a bit small, so I stepped them up to a fender washer instead.

Tested my lights again after install and all is good. I still have to get some all thread to replace the bolts in the back. Now I'm working on my parking lights and head lamps.
    Last edited by cv2065; 01-03-2020 at 10:01 PM.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

2. Likes MSumners liked this post