Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Windshield box needed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Windshield box needed!

Does anyone have an empty windshield box - with contoured styrofoam - they would be willing to ship to me? Of course I will pay for the shipping costs. I’m tearing down my brother’s MKIV and need a place to store the windshield while I do it.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    David, I just so happen have one, but I shudder to think what it would cost just to ship the empty box. Might I suggest just getting some flat heavy cardboard, place one or two pieces on each side of the glass and taping it up with duck tape. I think you will be surprised how secure that is, especially if you are just going to store the glass and not ship it.
    Mrk III, 331 stroker, Borla stack injection, T5, 3:55 IRS, Power steering and brakes. Kleiner body & paint

Post Thanks / Like
    David, I have the convex portion of the styrofoam, I use for windshield assembly. You're more than welcome to it. Only complete box I have is for a customer car I'm working on and I can't let that go until the windshield goes in the car for obvious reasons. LMK

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 3 or 4 that I keep around here but like Rich I'd hate to think what shipping would cost. I was going to suggest Frank but I guess that's not an option. Miller or Ken Pike may have some....

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe your local installer may have something close to what you need , Years ago I was shipped a Jaguar windshield that was vertically suspended by packing tape in a large box , Ed

Post Thanks / Like
    As an option, get some large garbage bags, door and window spray foam, and source your own cardboard locally. Put the windshield in the garbage bags, put it in the box, and spray the foam all over. That's how the mold was originally made.
    Matt
    My build thread here

7. Likes Bart Carter liked this post