Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: SOLD: FFR Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe Awaiting Final Assembly - $45,000

Post Thanks / Like

SOLD: FFR Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe Awaiting Final Assembly - $45,000

SOLD!

Current_20240201_004257537.jpg _DSC0898_Resize.jpg _DSC0887_Resize.jpg Proof_of_Life.jpg IMG_20240719_190800_006.jpg

Cold Start Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wO1...usp=drive_link

The chassis is +/- 90% complete and in the go-cart phase w/ 13 neighborhood testing miles on it. The engine sounds amazing! The body fit-up to chassis, final body work and paint have all been professionally done.

The Coupe is powered by a 500 HP 427 Sniper EFI mated to a 5 spd Tremec TKO 0600 w/ Steel Bell Housing and Midshift Kit w/ a hydraulic clutch purchased from Blue Print Engines.

Additional Engine Details:
    • Rear Sump Canton Racing Pan
    • Updated / Revised ball type 351W Headers
    • Side Exhaust (Coupe) Powder Coated White
    • Special Order and install CVF A/C Alt Front Drive Engine
    • No P/S

Coupe details include:
    • Powder Coated Gen 3 Coupe Chassis
    • 3-Link Deluxe Rear Suspension
    • Koni Coil-Overs all around
    • Moser Performance traction lock 3.7 differential
    • 17" Halibrand Style Wheel and Tire Package
    • 31 Spline 13.50" Driveshaft
    • Lowback Vintage Race Seats
    • Standard 8.8 Rear Axle Housing W/3-Link
    • 12.88" Front Wilwood Brakes - Red
    • Coupe 12.19" Rear Wilwood Brakes - Red
    • Coupe GPS Gauge Set w/ Kit
    • 14" Leather Steering Wheel Upgrade
    • Coupe Nose Scoops
    • Coupe Windshield Wiper Assembly
    • Gen 3 Coupe Black Carpet Kit
    • Air Conditioning
    • Side windows
    • No donor parts.

Everything required to finish assembly is included.

Asking $45,000.

Pictures of the project can be found at the following link:
    https://tinyurl.com/muvw7ttf

Builder background: The builder of this kit has done multiple builds and restorations with this one being his 3rd Factory Five kit. The previous completed FFR kits were an earlier gen Cobra and a 33 Coupe. He has also done several frame up restorations on older Vette's among other car projects. He is thorough and meticulous enjoying the build process rather than completing the project quickly. Unfortunately, time has caught up to him hindering completion of this amazing car. I’m posting this on behalf of the builder, my father.

The car is located in the Tampa, FL area.

PM me and we can exchange contact info to work through questions and/or details as needed.

Edit: Added a video of the cold start along with "running" in 1st, 2nd, and reverse. Local inclement weather didn't allow for it to go outside and play.
    Last edited by Mike S; 08-30-2024 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Sold

2. Likes RogerRoger88 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow thats a great deal. Wish I was closer.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that is a smoking deal. If my garage was not already full I would be jumping on this car.
    Roadster MK4 #10653 Date: 4-27-23; First Start: Oct 2023; Go Kart: Nov 2023; Body and Paint: To Kleiner EDD - April 2024; Graduated: TBD
    SBF Boss 347, Edelbrock ProFlo 4, Milodon Road Race Oil Pan, Tremec TKX 2.87/0.81 OD, IRS Dakota Digital Dash, FFMetal Firewall Forward, BOIG Lower Cool Pipes, Forte's Mechanical Throttle Linkage and Hydraulic Clutch, Breeze Radiator Fan Shroud- Radiator Support Kit and Battery Forward

Post Thanks / Like
    Hoping not but this seems to be a little too good to be true. With one post can seller show a pic with date or can we verify that this person is not a scammer?
    Build 1: MKIV #7275 Gen 2 Coyote TK600, IRS 3.55 2020 Covid
    Build 2: Gen3 65 Coupe: Arrived June 2024. Gen 2 Coyote, T56, IRS 3.55 [/B]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nuhale View Post
    Hoping not but this seems to be a little too good to be true. With one post can seller show a pic with date or can we verify that this person is not a scammer?
    How did this user even get access to the classifieds with only 1 post? I thought it required 20 or more...

Maybe if the poster could show and tell us about the other 3 Factory Five kits that his father has built, or better yet tell us who he is, we'd feel more confident about this being legit.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see the interest in the car! Maybe I should raise the price! Just kidding, we will stick with this price although won’t turn down anyone who wants to pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    Wow thats a great deal. Wish I was closer.
    Mike
    It's only a short flight and car transport away!

Quote Originally Posted by maclonchas View Post
    Wow that is a smoking deal. If my garage was not already full I would be jumping on this car.
    There's always room for 1 more car!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    How did this user even get access to the classifieds with only 1 post? I thought it required 20 or more...

Maybe if the poster could show and tell us about the other 3 Factory Five kits that his father has built, or better yet tell us who he is, we'd feel more confident about this being legit.

Jeff
    On a more serious note, we annoyingly have to worry about scammers everywhere now it seems on both sides of these kinds of transactions. The caution is understandable. I emailed the admins asking for an exception for the post creation rules with some additional details since I’m doing this on behalf of my father. David Hodgkins was kind enough to approve it. I'll get a picture of the car with the date written on paper and post it later today. My father’s name is Chuck Drake. He has used these forums for research, but only posted a few times with questions. The 2 previous completed FFR kits were an earlier gen Cobra and the 33 Coupe both sold many moons ago. This Type 65 is his 3rd kit. He has also done frame up restorations on a few old Vette’s among other car projects he has take on over the years.

I’m happy to answer any other questions or take additional photo’s if there is something specific folks want to see on the car.

Thanks,
    Mike

8. Thanks WIS89 thanked for this post
    Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Added a picture of the kart stage with a note with today's date and a picture of a picture of his finished Cobra and 33 Coupe to the original post. Hopefully this helps remove concerns this could be a scam.

Thanks,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    lol these old men crazy, clearly no one in their right mind would exchange money without seeing the car. Looks great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I'll probably be 30 grand over that when it's done and over. Not sure I'll be 30 grand happier.
    Gen 3 Coupe #576 - "Project Deimos"
    Ordered: 2/14/2024
    Received: 5/24/2024
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...upe-has-landed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbl7td View Post
    lol these old men crazy, clearly no one in their right mind would exchange money without seeing the car. Looks great!
    Nah, I would expect someone who is seriously interested to come see it in person or arrange for someone they trust to check it out. Or perhaps try to find a 3rd party to do a PPI.

While most of us would probably still take the money if someone was willing to pay it without seeing the car I don't think that's a likely. I'm just trying to help get this cool car to a good home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn...nobody has bought this yet!!! If it were remotely close I would own it

14. Thanks Mike S thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    Damn...nobody has bought this yet!!! If it were remotely close I would own it
    You are correct. Still available for anyone interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

I am sorry your Dad won't get a chance to enjoy his hard work! It looks like a solid build, and I love the color choice.

I have a good home for her, but not the cash, unfortunately! I hope she ends up in a great home where she will get all buttoned up and driven.

Best of luck selling the car and to your Dad!

Steve

17. Thanks Mike S thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimStone View Post
    Man, I'll probably be 30 grand over that when it's done and over. Not sure I'll be 30 grand happier.
    Any chance you can clarify what you expect will cost an extra $30k? Everything my father needed to finish the build is included in the purchase except for the remaining labor to finish it up.

BTW, I skimmed through your build thread. Awesome job on the garage and the signs! I hope your coupe build is interesting, fun, and the kids get to fight over who eventually gets the car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Any chance you can clarify what you expect will cost an extra $30k? Everything my father needed to finish the build is included in the purchase except for the remaining labor to finish it up.

BTW, I skimmed through your build thread. Awesome job on the garage and the signs! I hope your coupe build is interesting, fun, and the kids get to fight over who eventually gets the car!

Sorry for the confusion

I was talking the car I am building. Its not necessarily a matter of need, but of my personal preferences with regard to what I have bought or will buy outside of the standard kit. The engine/trans, custom wheels, custom interior, electronics upgrades, anticipated body/paint costs add up. You can undoubtedly do it for less if you keep the extra costs down.

I was thinking out loud that I'd probably be similarly happy in the end whether I spent $45k or 75k. It will be a thrill to drive regardless.

But the quality of the build your father did for $45k, complete with everything needed, really is a bargain. Whoever gets it will be very fortunate. Or maybe you should keep it and enjoy!?

And thanks for the comments about my build thread
    Gen 3 Coupe #576 - "Project Deimos"
    Ordered: 2/14/2024
    Received: 5/24/2024
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...upe-has-landed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent a PM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimStone View Post
    Sorry for the confusion

I was talking the car I am building. Its not necessarily a matter of need, but of my personal preferences with regard to what I have bought or will buy outside of the standard kit. The engine/trans, custom wheels, custom interior, electronics upgrades, anticipated body/paint costs add up. You can undoubtedly do it for less if you keep the extra costs down.

I was thinking out loud that I'd probably be similarly happy in the end whether I spent $45k or 75k. It will be a thrill to drive regardless.

But the quality of the build your father did for $45k, complete with everything needed, really is a bargain. Whoever gets it will be very fortunate. Or maybe you should keep it and enjoy!?

And thanks for the comments about my build thread
    Thanks for clarifying. He spent closer to $65k on everything to this point. I wish I was in a position to keep it and finish it, but it's just not in the cards right now. I went the bought not built route so far with an old Miata for the kids to learn how to drive the best current anti-theft device (manual transmission) and hopefully do some autocross for them to learn some car control. I also have a BMW M car for a bit more power, but still fun in the twisties. Hopefully, this forum doesn't hold it against me too much...

Also, your LED sign builds are forcing me to research building a few myself. Quite annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by akroessler View Post
    Sent a PM
    Thanks for the interest. I sent you a reply via email

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Video

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. He spent closer to $65k on everything to this point. I wish I was in a position to keep it and finish it, but it's just not in the cards right now. I went the bought not built route so far with an old Miata for the kids to learn how to drive the best current anti-theft device (manual transmission) and hopefully do some autocross for them to learn some car control. I also have a BMW M car for a bit more power, but still fun in the twisties. Hopefully, this forum doesn't hold it against me too much...

Also, your LED sign builds are forcing me to research building a few myself. Quite annoying.

Thanks for the interest. I sent you a reply via email
    Thanks for the video the car looks and sounds awesome. Sounds like the factory five exhaust and headers which means your ears are still ringing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandonk603 View Post
    Thanks for the video the car looks and sounds awesome. Sounds like the factory five exhaust and headers which means your ears are still ringing.
    It is definitely loud, but I sure do love that sweet, sweet V8 music!

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent.