Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Dmac800 father/son build

Post Thanks / Like

Dmac800 father/son build

My 17 year old son and I will be building the Type '65. We are excited to do this project together and can't wait for it to get here.

I ordered the kit on 7/8/24 with a completion date of 10/05/24. Then we have to wait for Stewart transport to get it to Puyallup, WA. so maybe we will have it by the end of October or early November.

The build:
    Complete Kit
    Gen3 Coyote
    T56 Trans
    IRS
    Heat and AC
    power steering
    Front and rear sway bars
    Carpet
    18" Halibrands

removed seats, side pipes, and exhaust

Thinking of adding door sills and indoor cover

Don
    Last edited by Dmac800; 08-26-2024 at 11:18 AM.

2. Likes Namrups liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, Don! You are in for a lot of fun. So glad you were able to start the project while your son is still home. Thanks for starting a build thread. Looking forward to it. Subscribed.
    Chris
    Coupe complete kit delivered: 4/22/24. Build Thread. Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.55. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.
    MK4 Complete kit. Build Thread Index. Delivered: 10/15/2020. Legal: 7/25/23. Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars. This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin. Build Thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Don, ours will be here in about 3 weeks, so you’re welcome to come up the hill and check it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have received my Gen3 Coyote and the control pack. In the control pack there are two sensors in a bag that look like they are the EGT sensors. They look used. Is this normal? I hope the picture posts.

Attachment 203155

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks JohnK for the response on the O2 sensors.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to put Por15 on the Diff, and was wondering how everyone applies it. Do you use the spray cans, paint brush, or HVLP paint gun?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always used a paint brush. The only thing that gets it off of skin is time, so glove up well!!

Greg
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker (in the process of building it now), EFI System - Edelbrock Pro Flow 4, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Don. I also have only used a brush. I liked the application best with a foam brush. I think you'll really like the results.
    Chris
    Coupe complete kit delivered: 4/22/24. Build Thread. Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.55. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.
    MK4 Complete kit. Build Thread Index. Delivered: 10/15/2020. Legal: 7/25/23. Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars. This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin. Build Thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    My kit should be close to being finished by FFR and I was wondering if they automatically will send me pictures or if I have to ask for them? My kit was to be completed on 10/5/24 but Stewart Transport asked to have it moved up so that they can put it on the same truck that they already have going to Washington tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had to call them on both builds to get a "nursery" picture. They've always been happy to accommodate me, and I have no doubt they will do the same for you, if you reach out.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    I will call tomorrow morning and see if it is not to late. Hopefully they were able to accommodate Stewart Transport and got my coupe done early. Stewart has my ETA of 10/13/24.

13. Likes 460.465USMC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wahoo! Getting close now. Christmas in October!
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got off the phone with FFR and they said that my kit will be loaded on the truck today!!!!!!! Can't wait to start building with my son.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're about 2 1/2 months ahead of me. Good luck on your build kick off!
    Coupe complete kit ordered: 9/26/24. Gen 4 Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.73. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked for but never got the "nursery" picture.

So this was my first glimpse of the car, which made it even more exciting
    Gen 3 Coupe #576 - "Project Deimos"
    Ordered: 2/14/2024
    Received: 5/24/2024
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...upe-has-landed!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am debating on upgrading my shocks to QA1 DD401's because I hope to do track days and the Silver State Classic some day. Where is a good place to get them from?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on our Coyote and was wondering if anyone knows what the torque spec is for the oil filter nipple? I removed the oil cooler and want to get the filter put back on the engine. I don't want to over tighten it and cause any damage. I also dropped the oil filter and it has a small dent in the side. Should I replace it?
    Last edited by Dmac800; 10-14-2024 at 04:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our coupe was delivered yesterday afternoon!!!! Now we get to start the inventory process.

21. Likes 460.465USMC, Jphoenix, PNWTim liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac800 View Post
    I am debating on upgrading my shocks to QA1 DD401's because I hope to do track days and the Silver State Classic some day. Where is a good place to get them from?
    I bought mine from Summit.
    Jim Phoenix
    Coupe-R delivered 8/10/2024
    289 USRRC delivered same day

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jphoenix View Post
    I bought mine from Summit.
    When you get them from Summit, do they come with the springs? What spring rate?

Post Thanks / Like
    20241013_131403.jpg20241013_131704.jpg Here are a couple of pictures of the Coupe set up in my garage.

25. Likes 460.465USMC, Jphoenix liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you get them from Summit, do they come with the springs? What spring rate?
    No springs, just the shocks. For now I'm using the springs that came from FFR - 750/500 I think? I'll replace them with 900/700 springs ( or thereabouts) for racing.

The DD401 shocks come with different ID bushings, you can remove the bushings from the FFR shocks and use them in the QA1 shocks by removing the circlip, saves having to fabricate new bushings for the QA1's.
    Jim Phoenix
    Coupe-R delivered 8/10/2024
    289 USRRC delivered same day

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine from Gordon Levy. He spent at least 30 minutes on the phone asking what my plans were for the car so he could determine the proper spring rates for my application.

Congrats on the delivery, now the fun really begins. Enjoy the build with your son, these times are precious! I bought my kit with the same intention but my son moved to Colorado before mine was delivered. He's coming home this weekend for a few weeks and the plan is to achieve the engine first start.
    Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit ordered 11/2021, delivered 7/25/2022....the fun has begun! Build Thread

29. Likes Jphoenix liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on having it in house! I am still two months away so living vicariously through the various build threads in the forum, including yours. Enjoy!
    Coupe complete kit ordered: 9/26/24. Gen 4 Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.73. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.

31. Likes Jphoenix liked this post