Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MKII spindle upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how the fox spindles compare but the 96 and up spindles are 8mm wider than the 94-95 spindles. I have a set of both and I have compared. I think this is due to how the lower ball joint socket is placed. All brakes can be used on both. You can tell the difference by the tie rod arm. The 94-95 have a dog leg arm and the 96 and up have a strait arm. This can affect your bump steer because of where your outer tie rod is placed. I think most have found, I have too, that the straight leg works better for bump steer if you can accommodate the extra 8mm on each side. I could not and went with the 95 spindles. Still working out the bump steer but I think I have it but if I do need more adjustment I will have to make some major mods to lower my rack. Right now my outer tie rod is right on top of the arm and may need to go lower. Right where the arm is! That is why I would need to lower the rack over 1 1/2" to bring the tie rod to the bottom. As for the spindle adapters I have a set for both pin drive and standard width if you need them. I would look at the SAI mod though as I did. Improves a lot. Don't know if you have pin drive or standard but that will determine what you need to do to accomplish the SAI mod. The SAI mod does away with the FFR spindle bracket.
    Rod
    FFR 3749 MkII, 428PI, TKO-600, IRS, Pin-Drive, Tri-States body, Under Car Exhaust
    Rod's BB Street Cobra Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rlampman View Post
    I don't know how the fox spindles compare but the 96 and up spindles are 8mm wider than the 94-95 spindles. I have a set of both and I have compared. I think this is due to how the lower ball joint socket is placed. All brakes can be used on both. You can tell the difference by the tie rod arm. The 94-95 have a dog leg arm and the 96 and up have a strait arm. This can affect your bump steer because of where your outer tie rod is placed. I think most have found, I have too, that the straight leg works better for bump steer if you can accommodate the extra 8mm on each side. I could not and went with the 95 spindles. Still working out the bump steer but I think I have it but if I do need more adjustment I will have to make some major mods to lower my rack. Right now my outer tie rod is right on top of the arm and may need to go lower. Right where the arm is! That is why I would need to lower the rack over 1 1/2" to bring the tie rod to the bottom. As for the spindle adapters I have a set for both pin drive and standard width if you need them. I would look at the SAI mod though as I did. Improves a lot. Don't know if you have pin drive or standard but that will determine what you need to do to accomplish the SAI mod. The SAI mod does away with the FFR spindle bracket.
    Rod
    That is incorrect the 94-95 with dog leg is the preferred spindle, it helps with bump steer or spend the extra and get the new FFR spindles.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys,Im going with the 94-95 spindles and the 11" rotors. Roger