FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  403

Thread: John's EZ36R H6 818R Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice work and a unique approach! Are the exhausts going to exit thru the humps? Now that's novel! (You may be breathing fumes though).
    I'd love to put an H6 in an R and race it, if only someone could come up with a dry sump solution for the 30 or 36.
    "Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"
    Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    818R ICSCC SPM
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM
    Palatov DP4 - ICSCC Sports Racer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scargo View Post
    Purely for racing? Many of the tracks I frequent for track days, have sound limits. Any thoughts about mufflers?
    Purely racing and no sound limits at the tracks I go to.

Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    Looking great! If you get a chance, could you get a picture of the headers a little further back, with the perspective of say from the firewall to the axles?
    Not sure what your looking for? Can you explain it differently, maybe I'm being dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Gator View Post
    Very Nice work and a unique approach! Are the exhausts going to exit thru the humps? Now that's novel! (You may be breathing fumes though).
    They will exit through the Mechie hump vents, so you won't see the pipes. Talked about this in a previous posts and the consensus is that the R does not suffer from the back flow issue that the S does with its high windshield. I'll know for sure next spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Gator View Post
    I'd love to put an H6 in an R and race it, if only someone could come up with a dry sump solution for the 30 or 36.
    I'm hoping I don't need a DS. The EZ36 holds 8.2 quarts of oil in stock trim. With my external cooler and Accusump I'm at 10 quarts! I have equipped pressure sensors before and after the Accusump so I can monitor the pressures and know if the oil pickup is sucking air BEFORE the engine loses oil pressure while the Accusump if supplementing the prerssure . I won't know for sure until I can get some data logs and check the oil pressure differentials. I do have a DS system planned out if I see any pressure loss before the Accusump.
    Last edited by Hobby Racer; 10-18-2017 at 09:11 PM.
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Racer View Post
    They will exit through the Mechie hump vents, so you won't see the pipes. Talked about this in a previous posts and the consensus is that the R does not suffer from the back flow issue that the S does with its high windshield. I'll know for sure next spring!
    Are you concerned about the air pressure being greater outside the vents such that it may force the exhaust gases into the engine bay? Or are you going to make some sort of exhaust shroud? Also, wouldn't the exhaust pretty much cook those vents and the fiberglass they're attached to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    Are you concerned about the air pressure being greater outside the vents such that it may force the exhaust gases into the engine bay? Or are you going to make some sort of exhaust shroud? Also, wouldn't the exhaust pretty much cook those vents and the fiberglass they're attached to?
    I plan to seal off the exhaust to the bottom of the vents with an aluminum box. The air rushing over the vents should draw the exhaust out as well. Not sure about the heat cooking the aluminum, guess I'll find out
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A