Thread: King's MK4 Coyote Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely done!

Post Thanks / Like
    looks awesome

Post Thanks / Like
    This build is coming to an end in a few weeks. This post is a catch up of some of the details I have been during the last few weeks while doing the final assembly and adding the accessories. Before I installed the body, I carefully measured the body contour around the foot boxes in plane with the firewall so I could cut a foam seal to block any air from the engine compartment from getting into the passenger space. I used some black 1 1/2" thick closed cell foam that is used in the refrigeration industry for sealing around cooling coils. I cut it about a 1/2" larger than the space between the body and foot box so it will get compressed when the body goes on. Since I have a tilt front, I only have to deal with half the body and it is easy to pull the sides out to slide it down over the door hinges and other protrusions (foam). The foam crosses right below the rear of the windshield slots and was easy to force out of the way when the windshield was inserted thus maintaining a seal from lower body lip to firewall bulb seal. I glued the foam to the foot boxes using a weather strip contact cement. Weldwood contact cement would have probably worked but I went with what industry uses for this foam.
    DSCF0042d.JPG DSCF0045d.JPG

When I placed the windshield and did the final torque on the side frame screws, two wouldn't torque down and stripped the threads. My first reaction was to pull the brass strips and replace them with the stainless ones offered by Breeze. But on closer inspection the screws only caught half a thread and weren't long enough to utilize all the thread in the brass strip. So I flipped the brass strip and put it back in the slot and replaced all the screws with button head stainless ones that were a bit longer. The little longer screws won't be an issue as far as causing a windshield crack because there is a metal barrier behind these screws so they can't touch the glass in the windshield. All the screw torqued down with a solid feel. Here is a picture of extracting the brass strip. A flip front has its advantages.
    2015-11-14 10.23.29d.jpg

Its not completely assembled but here are a few in progress photos. I have the FFR premium top by Rod Tops (very impressed with the attention to detail and quality) and installed it to figure out how it played with the rearview mirror and sun shield.
    2015-11-29 14.14.36d.jpg 2015-11-21 17.31.56d.jpg DSCF0049d.JPG 2015-11-27 18.17.45_ed.jpg
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build