Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
We ended up getting an electric unit that is adjustable - all the way down to off.
Could you possibly tell me what sort of power steering unit you went with? The kits from Engine Factory have an option to add power steering pump, pulley, and belt when you order it, but it's about $700 extra from them. Plus I would need to get a powered steering rack to go along with it, but that would get me a traditional pulley driven power steering setup. I'm interested in what you went with, especially if it would come out better cost-wise.

The Wilwood brake kit seems like a pretty substantial set-up, and in a 2,200 lb car, it should hopefully be all I would need for on-road driving. I think I might be okay without power brakes, but I really do want to get power steering. I just remember reading somewhere that someone said it made their car too twitchy. But I'd definitely like to know what electric setup you got, especially if it's adjustable.

And I agree, due to the light weight of the car, I don't want to overdo it horsepower-wise. Engine Factory has another 351w engine/transmission package that is basically the same, but different cam and less compression that they rate at 400hp, and it's about $1,000 cheaper, so I might go that route. I'm sure even "stepping down" to 400 hp, it would still be plenty of power in such a light car.

Thanks for the reply.