Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I have been speaking to several well respected Subaru racers in the area and the input from them on the 5 x 100 wheel bearings seems the same. According to what they say, if the track has lines that run the car over the candy cane frequently then they are replacing their wheel bearings after 4-5 weekends of racing. Half the tracks in CA would fall within that category. In addition I plan on running hoosiers or slicks with spacers to offset so that will increase the strain on the bearings. Bottom line is I want to go with 5 x 114 wheel bearings.

STI knuckles with pre-built 5 x 114 cost around $600 for all 4 corners which isn't much more than installing new 5 x 100's in my current hubs. Earlier in my build I had to replace my rear knuckles due to the fact the space between the holes for mounting to wilwood bracket was 3.75" where the correct WRX knuckles were 4.5" apart. I contacted wilwood and they claimed they didn't make a bracket for the STI hubs. So i source new rear hubs.

What I am trying accomplish is have a rhobust 5 x 114 wheel bearings working with my 12" Wilwood brakes. There has to be a solution out there, does anyone have any idea how I can accomplish this?
I understand the concern with the 5x100 wheel bearings on a heavy stock car, however I think the weight of the 818R will be the benefit for the bearing lasting much, much longer.