Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bend-pack lift group buy has ended....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finally got the chance to use my lift for an oil change on my Mazda3. It took me a while to set it up just because the work area is really tight and I was struggling with the logistics. I finally realized that I had to position the lifts side by side in the center of the space, drive over them with the car straddling them then slide them outward. The only other issue was that the safety struts did not fall into the cups on their own. They were about 1/16" too long. I was about to grind off the edge of the cup when I realized that the struts are capped with plastic so I was able to kick them into place. Like others, I did not feel safe without a couple of jack stands as back up. But I'm pleased with them so far.

I also forgot to pull up the damn vent plug. After raising the car, I noticed that the top of the oil tank was collapsing. Oops! This led to yet another oil spill when I lowered the car and popped the vent open and oil spilled out all over the place.

Also, I tightened the bolt that runs through the safety strut so that it doesn't flop around. Now I can position it out of the way when lowering the car.
    Last edited by jimgood; 08-03-2014 at 05:50 AM.