Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: San Diego builds, One the easy way, one the hard way

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matteo92065 View Post
    I've been working on wiring. and working. and working.

My goal was to do something between what the FFR manual says and what iWire would do. Doing it this way should be easier for me and others to troubleshoot, as all the Subaru wire colors and names are unchanged. So far I am very pleased with the results.

The biggest change to the harness was to remove the two large fuse panels. Then replace them with one of these fuse panels. Since most of what is on the original panels is no longer being used, I don't see the need of keeping them around and trying to place them.
    I did keep the individual relays like B102, B103, B46, B47, B309 and the F27 relay block.

I'm down to 23 fuses/breakers, and 5 relays.

This is a picture of my panel with call outs.
    fuse panel C.jpg

This is shows more detail:
    fuse panel a.jpg
    I'm looking to go back to my wiring in the near future maybe and want to really clean things up and basically make my own similar to iwire like you are. What size terminals did you use? I figured the 280 series since looks like nothing really goes over 30 amps. but if you have more insight on this subject that would help tremendously

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    I'm looking to go back to my wiring in the near future maybe and want to really clean things up and basically make my own similar to iwire like you are. What size terminals did you use? I figured the 280 series since looks like nothing really goes over 30 amps. but if you have more insight on this subject that would help tremendously
    I believe I did use 280 series. I'm no expert on wiring, but mine works and I really like how it came out. For the most part I copied everything Subaru did. I used a fuse when they did, and used a circuit breaker when they did. I used all factory wires and sizes.

Post Thanks / Like