I like the way you think, Doug. You should bring your bike up to the cabin next month when we are working on the foundation and you can show us exactly how to do the foundation and dig a trench and all that. You may have to show us over and over. We are slow to catch on. Oh and you should put a little basket on the front of the bike so I can sit in it and you can drive me around the mountain trails. You know, to make sure a mountain bike is the way to go.

The most annoying meal so far has involved rice. I discovered I have to boil the water, dump in the rice and then remove the pan from the stove or only half the rice gets cooked (the rest is a victim of the slant and isn't covered by water as the water levels drop).

As for the root, Mike was telling me that they will put a steel (?) beam across which will give the root some more growing space but will also help to support the cabin better. I guess when they poured the foundation before, they realized the root was an issue and just put a relatively thin layer of concrete over the top of it. By removing that, it'll gave us space for a support? I'm really hoping Mike steps in to post some pictures and maybe shed some accurate light on the situation. I'm basing this off my partial understanding of their conversation. Dan could possibly chime in if he's hanging around here too. Dan? Consult?