FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Mark's MKIV 8666 Build Thread - Now for sale!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a lot of little jobs done today, they all add up:

BRAKES
    1. Mounted and permanently installed the ABS bracket and the brake module.
    2. Finished bending and fitting all the brake lines.
    3. Finished mounting all the hard and soft lines with brackets and clamps. I was careful to mount them in a way where they could be swiveled out of the way if the ABS module would need service.
    I still need to finish wiring the ABS, which is really simple, four pairs of sensor wires, power, diagnostic, and brake switch. The brakes are now mechanically done, now just need to tighten all the nuts and bleed them.

image.jpeg

TRANSMISSION
    1. I cut and mocked up the trans mount, tacked it all in place. Then I welded and gusseted the A-frame and painted it black.
    2. Bolted in the A-frame and trans to the chassis. I now have clearance for the trans pan, shifter, and shifter mechanism in the tunnel.
    3. I tried to fit the factory mustang trans lines to the car, but they interfere with the front crossmember. I will have to bend them to fit over the crossmember.
    4. Worked out where my 24" Deraile trans cooler will go, just need a couple of L-brackets.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg

WIRING
    1. I started running and working out best routing for the RF harness. I tried to mount the fuse box, but the provided bracket needs trimming to clear the relays.

MISC
    1. Mounted the remote oil filter.
    2. Fixed my earlier goof cutting the heater holes in the wrong spot.
    3. Permanently mounted engine accessory drive.
    4. Plumbed P/S pump to rack, but I will need to swap the 90 deg fitting with a straight coming out of the rack, it hits on the frame.

image.jpeg
    Last edited by 6t8dart; 07-05-2016 at 10:32 PM.