I have been wanting to get ahead of the curve with my brake system. I read where many builders are experiencing weak braking with the OEM hardware and no power brake booster. My donor is 2004 Impreza wagon N/A. After much research I find that oversized rotors can be bolted on with the aid of taller caliper brackets. While I am not completely finished I believe my front brake hardware is fitting as expected. The Rear is another story. My donor has 170mm parking brake drum (hat section). Using information from other subie sites there is a popular "H6" rear brake upgrade. I found on-line a print from Brembo that shows the correct disc O.D. and 170mm hat section. This print is titled with the Subaru OEM part number 26700AE04C yet I have ordered this part (non brembo) based on the Subaru OEM number and each time I receive rotors with 190mm hat section.

Has anyone else had this experience? Has anyone else found the correct rotor to fit this larger 289mm disc size with 170mm hat? I'm not really budgeted for $1,000 willwood hardware.