I wanted to reinforce the 3 plastic adjustable ball-end screws/sockets that hold the Hella light units into the thermoformed headlight buckets. The instructions say to use epoxy to bond the plastic sockets to the plastic bucket. I have never had too much luck getting epoxy to stick to plastic, but I am sure there are some that will (check McMaster.com for epoxy and see what they have). FFR did not recommend a specific epoxy, but this is a mount that impacts safety if it is not made well, so I suggest experimenting if you plan to stick with the epoxy solution.

I made a cardboard template and fabricated some small aluminum capture plates to mechanically trap the Hella sockets onto the FFR buckets. I used a sharpie, tin snips and a grinding wheel to finish the blanks, and then a pair of square jaw pliers to bend them to shape. FFR supplied pop rivets hold them to the bucket with backing washers to reinforce the soft plastic used for the bucket.

I can post a drawing/template if anyone wants. Also could have a bunch laser cut and formed if enough folk would rather buy than DIY. That said, it takes me less than 10 minutes apiece, now that I know what I am doing.

IMG_6193.JPGIMG_6192.JPGIMG_6191.JPGIMG_6190.JPGIMG_6189.JPGIMG_6188.JPG