BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EZ30R Future Donor Engine

Post Thanks / Like

EZ30R Future Donor Engine

Businesses like iwire and Very Cool Parts are in business to make money. They will only invest time and money, (New Employees), developing a New Product if they see a demand for it. If you would like to use this engine AND THE OEM ECU in your project, please leave a message here for all the tuners out there to show that the present and future demand will be there.
    Last edited by JB91710; 09-02-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what you mean with this post. Both vendors can and in the case of Very Cool Parts has already put together a working ez30 818. Wayne can easily put together an ECU and harness for you and your project. He's already told me that he can put together one for my ez36. Brian from I Wire builds harnesses and an email or pm to him can give you the answer to whether he can incorporate an aftermarket ECU in the harness for the ez engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    As of two weeks ago, Brian said he Can't program an EZ30R ECU and Wayne is very, very busy. If everybody interested in using these engines stood up and was counted, they might increase the manpower to do more EZ30R OEM ECU reprogramming work and harnesses. Right now from talking to Wayne I'm guessing he has work into next spring. After a 6 year wait to find someone, I'm suffocating. My local guy is way too busy also, working a full time job, moving into a new shop and doing tuning jobs nights and weekends. He has no time for a one off project.

I would gladly take my car anywhere in the country and live out of my truck to get my car running.

Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Did Brian rule out incorporating an aftermarket ECU?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    Did Brian rule out incorporating an aftermarket ECU?
    No. I Have to use the OEM ECU because I have to use the TCU from the Sport Shift auto/manual transmission in the harness.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...eed-management
    Last edited by JB91710; 09-01-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling stupid now. I forgot you were working on Porsche replica. Now I see the context of your original post. Being in a niche market has its own challenges. Their are a number of sandrail companys that use the ez30's in their projects. They all use aftermarket ECU's and mostly manual transmissions. Not sure if they can help but at least worth an email or call.

http://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/homepage.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, adding my 2 cents here. I have an ez36Rr I am installing in my 818R and will be using a Megasquirt MS3-Pro unit. It can handle the OEM sensors, including the crank and 4 cam sensors and drive the VVT system. I'll have to tune it from scratch, but that is not that hard, I have done it before on my MK3 roadster. The only thing it does not handle out of the box is the drive by wire throttle body, however I already have a DIY solution for that!
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay Leno needs to scoop that up before it gets away! He could build a car Around it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling stupid now. I forgot you were working on Porsche replica. Now I see the context of your original post. Being in a niche market has its own challenges. Their are a number of sandrail companys that use the ez30's in their projects. They all use aftermarket ECU's and mostly manual transmissions. Not sure if they can help but at least worth an email or call.

http://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/homepage.htm
    Thanks Flynn,

I sent them an e-mail to ask about the OEM ECU reprogramming.

Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Racer View Post
    Well, adding my 2 cents here. I have an ez36Rr I am installing in my 818R and will be using a Megasquirt MS3-Pro unit. It can handle the OEM sensors, including the crank and 4 cam sensors and drive the VVT system. I'll have to tune it from scratch, but that is not that hard, I have done it before on my MK3 roadster. The only thing it does not handle out of the box is the drive by wire throttle body, however I already have a DIY solution for that!
    I pulled the auto transmission out today and I'm going to look for a Legacy 5mt from 05-06. I want to get the engines running before I spend extra money on a pedal assembly or shifter. I may even hold off on the transaxle until it's running.

I have heard that I might want to consider running two separate aftermarket ECU's and run the engines individually rather than splicing the signal wires. Each engine is TDC on a cylinder so they will still fire at the same time. That sounds good but doubles the price. I would save on the splicing and custom harness however.
    Last edited by JB91710; 09-12-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just found out the electronics to run my engines with Motec is going to cost OVER $10,000. Anybody want to buy a cool project or two EZ30 engines?