Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Confidence Beginning to Waiver on Type-65 Build Order

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever they lack in logistical consistency they make up for with a helpful customer oriented attitude. I have been very pleased with them so far. I have had my kit for 2 months. Still waiting on 3 items. Nothing is slowing me up at this point. Every time I have contacted them they have been very willing to help and give me the best information they have available to them.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    As a recent type 65 coupe buyer, I thought I might chime in. I started my process in Feb 2016 at mooch fest. I spoke with Dan and Courtnie and moved forward to the next step in April 2016. I visited/toured the facility where the team took at least a few hours to answer all of my questions and review the build process. I placed the order and a pick up date was set for June 18 and they met that goal. Like everyone else, I did have a few back ordered parts and I still have several items but none of which are holding me back. I have been on the phone and e-mail several times which Dan and Courtnie and continue to receive excellent service. Here are my suggestions
    1. Not sure where you are located but find a local coupe builder
    2. Visit FFR if possible
    3. Continue to ask lots of questions to make sure this is what you want to do. This is not for everyone!
    4. I am only a few months into the build but I can see why it can take some people many years to complete the project. You need to set weekly, monthly goals and stay on track otherwise it will never get done
    5. Have I got, frustrated.. You bet and the manual is no real help. The support comes from the FFR community which also makes it fun and you are part of something bigger.
    6. Please feel free to PM me And we can talk over the phone or ee-mail if you would like more details

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back ordered parts are part of the process. You can bet FFR wishes all your parts were there when you get their kit. It cost them money to ship you those back ordered parts. They are at the will of their suppliers to get parts . I know it can be frustrating at times, but you almost every time find another part of the car to work on. I have only had great relations with FFR myself. I only ask questions when I can't get them elsewhere. Use the forum it will become your best friend. If patience is a weak area for you building a kit car may not be the best thing, IMO. Personally I love the work and character building that goes along with it all. I wish you the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of good responses so far and I'm sure you'll get more. Let me point out something that has been alluded to but not emphasized yet.

Paul B who made post #3 above (yes, his handle says Edward but it's one of the secret handshakes of this place that he's really Paul!) is on his 3rd FFR build, for himself. I would think it would be highly unlikely that he would be doing this if FFR were anything but a top-notch company. Then you have Gordon L who made post #4 where he's stated that he's built almost 200 of these things. Granted Gordon is in it as a professional, but that may be even a stronger statement than Paul's, because as a business, Gordon has his own customers to worry about, and if he wasn't getting satisfaction from FFR he would surely have moved on by now...

Personally, I myself have gone on record on this and the other forum that I will build another FFR at some point in the future.

Good luck with your decision!

Ram
    FFR Mk3.1 #6720. Carb'd 302. Fun.