Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DUI Driver Takes Out My Tow Vehicle... :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    David, that's how the insurance game is played. They deduct for rusty bumpers, scratches, etc. Happened to me the same way, no DUI, but guy totaled my Tahoe. Got Blue Book less deductions. Glad your family is ok. The new(old) truck actually looks good! Len

Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to ur son's 1966 Mustang GT coupe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak1211 View Post
    That's still up in the air. They are looking at the transmission to "determine" if it was damaged by the accident. The original bumper unfortunately was replaced but they saved the rear valence...

PS Welcome to the forum!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak1211 View Post
    I have an update on that. The insurance company told the transmission guy to open the T5 so they could inspect it. They then came out and determined that the trans was used and ready to fail anyway so they denied the claim. So not only am I out the difference in the truck, now I owed $500 to the trans guy and that's BEFORE fixing the transmission.

Well, I had a little panic attack at this news but then struck a deal with a very prominant vendor to upgrade to a TKO600, bellhousing and clutch. Then my wife heard about it.

After digging myself out of the rubble caused by THAT nuclear meltdown my wife got on the phone and let the insurance guy know what HER thoughts on the subject were and they changed their tune right QUICK! $1800 was put in the mail to us the next week.

Now unfortunately I had no idea that a TKO600 will NOT fit in the transmission tunnel of a '66 mustang! So after I installed the clutch and bellhousing and tried to install the TKO, I did a search and found out that I had 2 options. Cut the tranmission tunnel, of machine the TKO. I sent the TKO out for machining and just got it back. I'll post update pics of the machining soon. I'm in the process of moving the transmission support bracket back 2-3/8 inches. THEN the TKO can be installed.

So the saga continues. I'll update tonight after working on the '66 some more...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)