Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Frame Buck dimensions....for transport

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    20140720_154424.jpg20140720_154436.jpg

I rented a U-Haul and built an 85" long dolly that fit the dimensions of the 4" tubes with the 24" centers mentioned above. The wheels on the dolly are spaced to fit within the U-Haul ramp. This allowed me to unload the chassis with the aluminum and body attached from the U-Haul truck with only two people and roll it into my garage. The height was set to avoid the front and rear of the body hitting the ground on the leading end, the ramp on the trailing end and the center as the midpoint of the dolly crossed to high point of the ramp. I used this dolly to support the chassis through most of the build allowing me to move the chassis at any point during assembly. Not shown in the picture are the carpet strips I added at each of the four resting points for the tubes to avoid scratching the powder coat.
    Last edited by JIMOCO; 10-25-2016 at 09:35 AM.
    Mk4 Roadster, Picked up complete kit 8/22/14. Most FFR options except Wilwood brakes and IRS. First start 11/11/14. Go-kart 3/8/15. 347 Stroker, TKO 500, 3-link/3.27 rear. PA street legal 7/29/15.