FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finaly get to build a FFR

Looks nice what size did you get?
    Aerodynamics are for those who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari

FFR33 coupe #997, ordered 2/20/17, delivered 4/15/17, build thread
    Planned: 350-383 SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders, hood, no sides, 3 link, 18x10 (275) 19x13 (345)

315/30 r18 rears and 255/35 r18 up front. This is the size factory five recommends, since I didn't want to deal with tire rub I used their suggested sizes.

Finally the weatherman was wrong in my favor. On Saturday it was sunny and nice out in the morning so I ran the car around the block a couple times. I found that I love the motor that Craft Racing built. It sounds grea,t runs very civilized if just cruising and it's fully warmed (surges a bit when cold), and it will liquefy the tires on command in at least the first 3 gears. �� IMG_2289.JPG

Those tires look wicked!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/17, waiting for delivery
    Employee at BluePrint Engines

Thanks, they are the Toyo R888 replacements. Same rubber compound but revised cording and sidewalls for better response and stability. I haven't had a chance obviously to run them at the track yet so I can't give you my thoughts on how they do when warmed up.

Blog Entries
    Those are some MEATY tires! If you don't mind the tip, it looks like you need some help with pics and such.

Here are some links with tips...

...about managing a build thread title:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...tle-Guidelines

Embedding pics using our gallery:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...tures-in-posts

More about offsite pics:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-post-pictures

PS I gotta hand it to you BIG HP guys. I'm very happy with my little 302. At least I can put my foot into it without too many surprises...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Cool, thanks for the help with the pics. I would post more often, but every time the pics don't want to work.

Updates... at this point I'm knee deep in body work and one thing I can say is that the build quality of the chassis and suspension is fantastic, the body how ever the body is defiantly one area where Factory 5 could put some work into. I have had to go about panel alignment and trimming and filling. Trimming it self was not all that bad if you take your time. Panel alignment is another issue. As everyone before expressed the drivers door fitment is rough and the passenger side is a bit better but by no means like a factory production car. The trunk does not roll with the body and required 2 days to get it right. The front and rear cowls were easy to get straight and no major headaches there. The rear quarters and tail of the car is another issue. I have 3 weeks into getting them straight and I probably have another full day to get them done. Now I did add some work as I wanted to eliminate the style line at the rear lights and clean up the fitment so that the lights don't look to big for the mounting surface. I also smoothed out the rear fender lip as it had a rather abrupt transition right at the top of the arch that would be obvious if not taken care of. As of today I have about 150 hrs into it with another 150 or so to go before we get to prime and block it. I'm after as close to perfect as I can get and with what needs to be done to get this body there will take a while. One motivating factor is I paid for the paint and primer the other day. Then again the $2,700 bill for the Sikkens stuff was a bit of a hit on the wallet.
    Last edited by GFX2043mtu; 07-19-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12