Boyd Welding

Visit our community sponsor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wallace18's GTM build Thread

Tom, you have mad skills and boundless energy. I love following your builds.

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately I am having to put the GTM build to sleep for awhile. I am picking up a 33 kit from a customer at 8:30 AM tomorrow to build for him. I had to rearrange the shop some. I will be taking the GTM to be dyne-tuned on a chassis dyne soon though. Maybe work on it a little on Saturdays that I take off from customer work.

IMG_1790.JPGIMG_1791.JPGIMG_1792.JPGIMG_1792.JPG

It has been a while since I have worked on the GTM. I recently had some heath issues but I am fine now. I am taking the GTM to Rollin's to put it on the chassis dyno to be tuned tomorrow. My friend Art drove the GTM in my trailer for me. Boy that thing is low to the ground!,LOL. Once that is done I can start on installing the body. I may have someone interested in buying the car as well once it is ready for paint. I will make them a deal if I do not have to pay to have it painted for sure. Stay tuned. 33 is out being painted for my customer right now and big car show this Saturday for my MK4.

IMG_2106.JPG
    Last edited by wallace18; 10-10-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Got my GTM back from Rollin's today. Very happy with the chassis dyno results after the tune. I was wanting a little more power than the stock 2002 LS1 but still a very street able ride. Very happy with the flat torque curve. Should be a really nice car to enjoy on the street. Big HP numbers look great and are always bragging rights, but good street able HP and TQ is what I wanted. Car really sounds awesome as well. RWHP was 377.90 at 6330 RPM and Max RWTQ was 361.33 at 4840 RPM. Based on normal 20% loss that would be close to 453HP, 433TQ at the crank. Decent #'s IMO.

IMG_2107.JPG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123