Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Finally did it.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Finally did it.

Hi. I'm Boyd. Been around the forums for over 2 years, have chatted with a few of you on different topics.
    I'm a heavy commercial aircraft mechanic, been doing it on the line for 27 years. 5 years before that in General and Corporate Aviation.

Been a fan of F5 for many years. Have been building a spreadsheet for the last 2.5 years while saving the big bucks for a build.

Feb 1st, I decided my finances were in line and I'm at a great point in my life to do this. Placed an order for a complete MKIV.
    Added on:
    Powdercoat chassis
    cut outs
    wind wings
    sun visors
    wipers
    floormats
    Big Red Wilwoods, front & rear
    Moser 8.8 rear

I had been told 4-5 weeks to build the kit. After placing the order, found out there were some openings and they bumped me up. Kit will be done on 2-11... 10 days from ordering.
    Already setup with Stewart.

Just a very small piece of the huge plans I have...

427W, x head
    TKO600
    Full Gas-N exhaust
    2x4 FiTech
    17x9 & 17x10.5 AR105M Anthracite wheels with 255 & 315 NT05's.
    Thats the big chunks. Lots and lots of stuff from Breeze, Fortes, some electric mods planned.

Got a Build Dolly and a Body Buck for free from grluisi150 back in September. Kinda cool that they have been used for multiple builds and the F5 pilots have been signing and dating them. Hope to be able to pass this along when I'm done with them.

Anyways, Thanks for letting me hang around the forums for so long without having an F5. Yeah, I'm excited. No, I havent slept. Yes, I'm already spending money like a Madman.

I know, no pics, didnt happen. But there's nothing to take a pic of... yet.
    Last edited by Boydster; 02-03-2017 at 04:35 PM.