BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Grease and Gun

Post Thanks / Like

Grease and Gun

What Grease are you guys using? any information on a semi good cheap grease gun?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a discussion back in December. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ecommendations

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks man... I searched for thread, but did find this one... perfect information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't waste your money on a cheap grease gun. It will leak grease all over the shelf you set it on and down the pegboard when you hang it up. Ask me how I know!! Spend the money to get a good one. Can't recommend one yet, as I haven't yet gone looking for a replacement.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like a lever gun that puts out 10,000 PSI minimum. Alemite and Lincoln make good quality professional lever guns. Also, a flex hose comes in handy for tight spots but keep the solid tube extension that comes with the gun as sometimes it's the only thing that will reach when you can't get your hand in a tight spot to guide the flex hose. I have three guns set-up differently to cover all my needs. Since I have seven vehicles, three trailers, and two tractors I use mine more than most folks and I know that a quality gun will last years. Buy cheap = buy twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might need two, if your using polyurethane control arm bushings. I have used synthetic grease since building my roadster for that purpose, and have a second grease gun with regular grease for other chassis lube points.

http://www.spohn.net/shop/1982-1992-...4-oz-Tube.html

7. Likes toadster liked this post