Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  62

Thread: Boss 427 Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by M3ichael View Post
    Really really like the Breeze Stainless Roll bars.
    Yeah, they do look really nice. I bought a Stainless polishing kit from Northern, gonna have a go at em one day...
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the Breeze Stainless Roll Bars use the factory five cut outs, if you had them pre-cut?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the Breeze Stainless Roll Bars use the factory five cut outs, if you had them pre-cut?
    Mark told me that you need to enlarge the openings a little but the FFR cut outs are not a problem.
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Last few days:

Got my Breeze / Canton oil pan. Inside of this engine is a work of art.
    inside the Boss.jpg

#3 rod is hitting the new pickup tube, so a stack of washers was in order. Ended up with about 1/8" clearance and still about 1/2" to the pan.
    #3 rod strike.jpg #3 rod clear.jpg

Spent about 5 hours elongating bolt holes in 3/8 stainless to get the headers to fit. Gas-N headers, 6 bolt holes did not line up. Some required as much as 1/8". My best way was a Dremel with a straight carbide grinding bit and a large rat tail file. Finally got them all lined up and headers installed. Would have called them on this for a set to fit, but I have help traveling up next week for the engine install, so had to get these fitting right.
    headers finally on.jpg

For the last 2 weeks, have been trying to find a set of concealed hinges that will work with a 1" lip for my bulkhead glove box door. Hours of google and a few wasted dollars. Finally decided to do an exposed stainless piano hinge. Notched the lower edge to clear the hinge and I think it will look pretty good. Door will be covered in interior-matching grey leather, bulkhead will be factory black carpet. Door will be secured with a 70's era VW bug locking knob. Might do some angle alum to reinforce the door.
    glove box door.jpg glove box open.jpg

Have been working on the electric a bit, securing harness's, installing some grommets, running power wires for led lighting in the glovebox and trunk. Made some changes to my switch setup on the dash, ordered some Carolina Laser switch legend plates. Still waiting on custom Speedhut order. Prob start wiring up all the switches and the Watsons pushbutton ignition soon.

2 more boxes showed up today...
    TKO600.jpg Jones box.jpg

On vacation next week, so hoping to get a lot more done.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us

Post Thanks / Like
    I only had the drivers side precut, but a quick matchup does show the holes will need to be opened up just a bit. No big deal.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us