I wanted to post about my install of the new FFR coupe nose on my Gen II Daytona. I quick background on my car. I finished it in 2013 and my Dad and I raced it in the One Lap of America race twice and did quite well with it. It has been used mostly as a track car but was road legal as well. Late last year I decided I wanted to wheel to wheel race it and started working on mods that would help it be competitive in the NASA ST2 class. Part of those mods was a new aero package to increase the overall downforce on the car. I installed a APR wing on the back and when FFR announced this new nose and splitter I thought it would be perfect to help balance out the car.

The box came via truck freight and was well packed
IMG_3674.jpg

Out of the box it fit the contour of the Gen II coupe perfectly. The new radiator opening fits perfectly and snugly into the original opening.
IMG_3676.jpg
IMG_3677.jpg

The carbon fiber splitter is beautiful!
IMG_3678.jpg

I decided to move the splitter more forward. Since this a race car, I'm not worried about street clearance (just clearance getting it on and off the trailer. This is 5 inches exposed from the front edge of the nose.
IMG_3699.jpg

I trimmed off the sides. I am going to make this removable with Dzus connectors. If you were going to permanently attach the new nose to the car the sides would help you blend into the fenders.
IMG_3700.jpg

The big issue with the new nose and splitter is how do you open the hood. John George came up with a good idea using a BMW E30 hood hinge (see his build thread). I came up with a couple of ideas as well. Making it removable, I can pop it off in the pits and then open the hood normally. I will make the brake duct hoses (and any wires for lights) slightly longer to accommodate this. I also thought I would make some wood blocks to place under the wheels to raise the nose up high enough to allow the the hood to tilt with the new nose and splitter attached.

I will post my progress here as I go along.