FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  225
Likes Likes:  220

Thread: Edwardb’s Gen 3 Type 65 Coyote Coupe #59 Build: 5,000 Mile Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion the modified cover covers the only part of the gen 3 that doesn't need dressing up... The plumbing, wiring, and coils on the heads looks atrocious while the intake manifold is simple and "not unattractive"

I would definitely encourage you to make up something to dress them up if possible, no matter what you do with the stock cover.

That being said, the body may help hide them somewhat as well...

2. Thanks edwardb thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAIII View Post
    In my opinion the modified cover covers the only part of the gen 3 that doesn't need dressing up... The plumbing, wiring, and coils on the heads looks atrocious while the intake manifold is simple and "not unattractive"

I would definitely encourage you to make up something to dress them up if possible, no matter what you do with the stock cover.

I agree.

Paul, the engine bay looks very clean. Coming along great!

4. Thanks edwardb thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAIII View Post

While Joe has a point there is a lot to be said for your painted cover drawing the eye to it and away from the unattractive parts he mentions. Kind of like hiding the ugly in plain sight.
    With 3D printing technology it sure would be cool if someone had the know how to make something up for the sides that could then be painted to match your top piece like we did on the Gen 2 motor. If someone could come up with it I think it would be quite easy to market and sell and recoup any costs.

You are an innovator with this stuff Paul. I am laying down the challenge! haha
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

6. Thanks edwardb thanked for this post