Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My Mk3 at Barrett-Jackson for 3rd time

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Mk3 at Barrett-Jackson for 3rd time

I had lots of fun building #6228 Mk3 and sold it at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale in January 2011 with 9,000 miles on the odom. The buyer paid $42,900 and I got back the cash I spent building it. He said he owned several car dealerships and a car collection in Austin, TX, and wanted a fun car to drive. He had his "chief mechanic" add a supercharger.

In January 2014, he brought it back to Barrett-Jackson where it sold for about $49.5K. He told me he had lots of fun with it and I think he got his money back also.

Now, after another 4 years, it has been entered in the auction again so it will be interesting to see the sales price as it crosses the block on Wednesday. Here's the listing:

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...OADSTER-212510

I look forward to seeing my Mk3 again and hope she's been treated nicely.
    Last edited by AZPete; 01-10-2018 at 05:51 PM. Reason: corrected dates and prices
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).