Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: P100DHG Build Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I was well underway on my acquisition of seats until my brother through giant wrench into my plans. From Edwardb's thread I could tell that the Corbeau FX1 Pro seats would fit. I maybe answering my own question here and the answer maybe just to wait till I get my car but why not put it to the community. The Corbeau FX1 Pro seats are not FIA certified. One of the components behind FIA certification if that the fabric be fire retardant. Since I am reupholstering them that rating is lost however the other aspect is the crash testing those seats are put through. Now I would hate to crash my car but someone crashing into me is just something I can't avoid in many cases and my brothers point is that a car without modern safety systems like airbags should at minimum have an FIA rated seat for crash protection. This brings me to the Sparco EVO II or the Braum Falcon seat (I would prefer its cheaper but they have limited quantities). The price is so much higher for an FIA rated seat and really I don't want to spend that much but I also don't want to be a cripple. Does anyone have the ability to carefully measure out the seating area. Factory five said it has so many angles that I should wait till I get the car, order the seats and see if they fit... That seems logical but now instead of making steady progress toward acquiring the necessary items for my car before it gets here, I have to postpone this item which isn't the end of the world by any means. Anyway, thoughts anyone? Measurements maybe (I know this is a lot of ask)?
    Last edited by P100DHG; 09-11-2018 at 09:05 AM.