FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  83

Thread: JForand - Atlanta Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really need to dial out some of the A.D.D. I have going on here. I can't seems to settle down and stick with one area.

I set out to come up with a Rear Caliper Bracket solution for mounting the Cadillac brakes on the rear. I have a set of the nicely machined aluminum ones that were for sales a while back, but they don't work on the STI hub. So after coming up with the solution up in Post #93 I started to run into big issues getting it accurately dimensioned. I really did not want to spend money on a water jet just to have to grind away. and enlarge holes and such. So I went out and downloaded Fusion 360 and started playing. This is what I came up with and am currently going out for pricing. We'll see where it come in at. Really would like to get these back and on the car as I have the rear hubs pressed out and open greased up bearings in bags just waiting to get damaged or go for a roll in the dirt!

RCB.jpg

I also got a Wilwood pedal box in the mail the other day (thanks Mitch). In looking at how to squeeze myself into the car (6'3") I have been pondering a lot. I was considering raising the roll bar, but that still leaves a VERY vertical seating position that I am not happy with. I really think that Zach34 has this worked out in the best manner for my needs. I finally bit the bullet and cut into the new powder coating.

IMG_4958.jpgIMG_4968.jpgIMG_4986.jpgIMG_4989.jpgIMG_4990.jpg

Need to source metal to start fab'ing the rework.

Also took the opportunity to press in some new ARP wheel lugs 100-7717 (well, 3 hubs). I went ahead and swapped out to the Mitsubishi lugs that have a more course thread.

Also dove into the steering rack and the bump steer issue. I have decided to go with the straight through 5/8" bolt option and the conical spacer. I do feel that it is very important to have a proper and well toleranced hole. As such, I have a 0.0005 undersized pilot reamer on order. This should work nicely to get a good fit. Might need to put some heat to it to get it in there, but that is perfect in my opinion.

Finally, I have started to get things in order to start working my way through build the engine. Full gasket kit, piston rings, ARP studs, probably and oil pump. Once the valve spring compressor gets here I will be tearing down the heads. I also have a hone on order and a set of rings standing by.
    Last edited by jforand; 04-04-2020 at 07:00 PM.