Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  52
Likes Likes:  54
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Pray For Our Country & Do Your Best To Limit Your Activities

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with a lot of what has been said, but I will say that IMO, the media has fed the hysteria to ridiculous levels. I have some employees that don't want to work with another co-worker, because they have a headache. I have another who's dad was feeling ill, and she decided to leave work for a few days. Now those at her location want time off because they feel they somehow have become infected with something. I read an article about a crying mother of 4 that couldn't get diapers at her Walmart because of the hoarders, followed by a what if water and power were shut off comment. I'd say even a bigger tragedy are hospitals being overrun with the hysterical that might only have a sinus infection or flu, where those that need real medical attention due to heart issues, etc can't get it. We have 8 deaths in Florida, out of 21 million people. I say take every precaution you can, just as you normally 'should' in day to day interaction, but to shut down the entire country seems a bit misaligned to me. But who knows. One thing is for sure..I'm investing in the market here shortly....
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

2. Likes RBachman liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A very well known Saint now has this ugly bug.
    Hopefully he and others will be better sooner than later.

https://twitter.com/seanpayton?lang=en

Yes, our beloved Head Coach, Sean Peyton, is using local celebrity status to urge people to do the right thing.
    Gods Speed Coach Peyton, Gods Speed!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 03-19-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a sneaky GUT feeling this Cong-Flu is just a 'dry run' for something even More deadlier coming .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark,
    First of all Good Luck
    I work at a hospital in NY that has the 2nd busiest ED in NY and the 22nd busiest in the country on a good day. I can echo that the challanges ahead are huge,in resources, space, and providors. The road ahead will be very difficult and the choices that will need to be made near impossible but we as a people will get through and be able to cruise again

6. Likes Mark Eaton liked this post
    Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eaton View Post
    My perspective: I am a general surgeon in southern Oregon and our hospital is the regional medical center for northern CA and southern OR. We are the second highest acuity medical center in Oregon and normally receive transfers from all over our region. We do not have a fall back hospital that we can count on in this situation. My group of 8 surgeons provides all the general/trauma/vascular/pediatric surgical care for our hospital. We have been working with administration and are prepared for the worst. We have cancelled all elective surgery and are only performing emergent or semi-emergent surgery. We met this morning and discussed our strategy. Depending on how this hits us it is possible all eight of us may contract full Covid 19 infection. Because we, the surgeons, are a limited resource we will not have the ability to quarantine ourselves. We will work with full blown infection as long as each of us is physically able. We have the proper gear to prevent spreading it to the patients.

Never the less, we have resolve and will stand strong and take care of our community no matter what.
    Glad to see I'm not the only physician building a car

I too thought this was a media driven fear mongering no big deal virus a month ago. The data has proven otherwise. We owe it to ourselves, our families, and our neighbors to adhere to social distancing. If we don't, we'll be heading toward government mandated lock down like war time.

What honestly pisses me off is the hoarding and stealing of materials needed to provide care. My hospital can't get a hold of enough N95 masks because someone is sitting on boxes of them in their basement next to the throne of toilet paper. Just yesterday, someone stole 60 thermometers from our supply closet. Who needs 60 thermometers??!!

So yes, please pray, please stay home, and please please please if you have an excess of N95 masks in your home, donate them to your local hospital. They need them more than you do as we put ourselves in harms way daily during this pandemic.
    - Rob

MkIV Roadster, Complete Kit #9624, Coyote 5.0, TKO600, IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Halibrand Wheels
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...kIV-Bld-Thread

8. Thanks GoDadGo, Old Timer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm an engineer, too, and feel comfortable giving my opinion on matters of energy, machinery, thermodynamics, and related.

For matters of medicine, I listen to the health care professionals. Not the media, not elected or appointed politicians, not engineers.

Thank you to all the doctors, nurses, and other professionals doing your best on our behalf. 'Hero' is an over-used word, but you're heroes to me.
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.

10. Thanks GoDadGo, rsw81 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually stay away from topics like this but feel the need to chime in...

First of all a big thank you to Mark and the other surgeons/health care professionals who are out their on the front lines day and day out. We as a society all owe you a special appreciation for your sacrifice and effort.

Yes, I too am very upset with the wachos and hoarding/stealing out there. Speaking with my sister tonight (an RN who's ward has been designated a COVID-19 isolation ward) this particularily hits home as they too are experiencing a shortage of N95 masks and other challenges.... Common sense and courtesy hopefully will prevail here.

As an operator in hydro electric power station I have no problem expressing my opinion on generation and power stations, but am more than happy to refer advice on medical situations to our health care professionals....so again thank you!

my two cents - regards to all. John

12. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glastron351 View Post
    I usually stay away from topics like this but feel the need to chime in...

First of all a big thank you to Mark and the other surgeons/health care professionals who are out their on the front lines day and day out. We as a society all owe you a special appreciation for your sacrifice and effort.

Yes, I too am very upset with the wachos and hoarding/stealing out there. Speaking with my sister tonight (an RN who's ward has been designated a COVID-19 isolation ward) this particularily hits home as they too are experiencing a shortage of N95 masks and other challenges.... Common sense and courtesy hopefully will prevail here.

As an operator in hydro electric power station I have no problem expressing my opinion on generation and power stations, but am more than happy to refer advice on medical situations to our health care professionals....so again thank you!

my two cents - regards to all. John
    John,

I'm an Engineer/Project Developer (retired), specializing in energy and thermo. My wife and son are both MD's (Joanie is a Dermatologist in SC and our son is a pathologist in New Orleans.) My wife still sees patients but has restricted it to those who haven't traveled and have no symptoms as-well-as dong the curbside/parking lot waiting room thing where they come out and get the patients into a room to maintain separation and reduce cross contamination. She has limited her work to 3 days a week and is seeing primarily surgical patients (lots of melanoma/cancers down here). My son isn't worried because he doesn't see patients, and is practicing proper safeguards. He's also young, exercises religiously, and is very healthy. At the moment, I think the hysteria is purposely driven for media ratings. As an engineer, devoted father and husband, I follow the guidelines and recommendations from the most reliable and credible sources, which is doing exactly what the heck my wife tells me to do. LOL.
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

14. Thanks Papa thanked for this post
    Likes Papa, rsw81 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a medical professional and like many I thought this was overblown by the media. At this point, I have totally changed my mind. My daughter is a surgical nurse at a major NJ hospital and she will be reassigned to the ER this week, I can tell you there is a shortage of masks already. Supposedly 3600 were stolen from the loading dock, but Who knows what is true. Amazing that two weeks into this we are already out of supplies, and I am very angry about the hospital not able to protect their staff. Inexcusable.

So I am going to put my kit car skills to work and make some masks for my daughter, I have a large roll of felt/fleece that I was planning on using as an automated fish tank filter and now will start making masks. My question to the medical professionals on the forum. Would 50 micron fleece folded over twice with folds provide a good level of protection? The fleece is also washable with bleach so if this is a good solution I’ll make a bunch.

Thanks for your feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    2016 MK4 | '99 Explorer 5.0 | E303&600cfm carb | T5z + 3.55 | 3-link | SN95 | PB/PS | FR500 17" 315&275 |

17. Likes Jkviper, SSNK4US liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems my rant struck a nerve and I wanted to follow up because I feel some have taken my comments the wrong way. Let me try to clarify what my comments intended to convey.

I believe that the media was very irresponsible in its initial reporting about COVID-19 and I continue to see alarmist headlines and questionable reporting by many.

Example:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...cid=spartandhp

This headline is extremely misleading and when you read the article, you see where it tries to convey a sense of "doom" based on a very narrow perspective of a small set of survey results taken completely out of context. The facts in the article are that healthcare workers are at an extreme disadvantage due to a lack of N95 masks and other items. What isn't offered in the article is why there is a shortage and what's being done about it. The shortage was created out of a panic response caused by the initial media reporting that focused on sensational headlines and incomplete information.

This image is meant to make people feel like they can't get into the stores:

I'll just say that my Sam's Club store looks exactly like that every single day and has for years five minutes before opening the store each day. Five minutes after the doors are opened to the public, the line is gone and the 20-30 people are in a mostly empty store.

The actions that we are all being asked to take are based on a pre-determined scenario that was laid down years before in the event that we were faced with a pandemic such as COVID-19. Instead of the media describing the actions and explaining why they are being taken, they simply focus on the sensationalized aspect: "Millions Told To Shelter In Place." "Death Toll Continues To Rise." Yes, these are facts, but without context, they don't do much to alleviate the fear and panic that is causing unnecessary shortages in items like the masks that our healthcare officials need. I was in my grocery store yesterday and saw people wearing gloves and they had masks, but the masks were not over their nose and mouth. They were just hanging around their necks. Why? Because they feel like they are in control by having one and that maybe they are smarter than all those without them. It's irrational, but humans are irrational creatures.

The media could be doing so much more to educate the public, and to some extent they have started to do so. However, I continue to see headlines like the example and that isn't what we need right now. People need to know what to do and why. Educating the masses will go a long way in preventing the unnecessary fear that leads to panic and hording, which creates shortages of critically needed items where they are needed most. The video that was posted earlier in this thread does a great job of explaining the calculus that drives the actions we're all being asked to follow as well as what could happen if we fail to take these actions quickly.

Like many have said, I'm not an expert in this area, and I'm heeding the advice of the experts. All I'm asking is that people start using their heads and not simply reacting to everything they see in the headlines. Be safe, be smart, and we'll all get through this.
    Last edited by Papa; 03-21-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

19. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Likes rsw81, cv2065, SSNK4US liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a nice map that I found of COVID-19 confirmed cases, deaths, and recovered
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Also for those that do like to pray. Every Tuesday night at 7:00pm EST a world wide prayer meeting streaming http://tsc.nyc/webcasts/tuesday-7pm/
    Last edited by chmhasy; 03-21-2020 at 01:44 PM.

21. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chmhasy View Post
    Here is a nice map that I found of COVID-19 confirmed cases, deaths, and recovered
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Also for those that do like to pray. Every Tuesday night at 7:00pm EST a world wide prayer meeting streaming http://tsc.nyc/webcasts/tuesday-7pm/
    Thanks for that. Puts some things in perspective. Unfortunately, the reported COVID-19 mortality rates do not include an assumption for those that have already been infected and recovered on their own with little to no symptoms. If influenza was reported this way, the mortality rate would be somewhere around 10%.

23. Likes GoDadGo, rsw81 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    Thanks for that. Puts some things in perspective. Unfortunately, the reported COVID-19 mortality rates do not include an assumption for those that have already been infected and recovered on their own with little to no symptoms. If influenza was reported this way, the mortality rate would be somewhere around 10%.
    I also usually stay out of these types of discussions.
    Unfortunately I think if you are speaking like this you have not educated yourself on this virus. I think most on here understand what exponential means.
    Please do everyone a favor and educate yourself on how this spreads and the rate. Less than two weeks ago there were 500 cases in the Usa. Now over 20k. There were 2000 new in New York yesterday.
    Understand the rate of hospitalization. That’s the danger is overwhelming the medical system.
    The danger isn’t you getting it and getting sick or dying, it’s the 3 people you infect, and the 3 each of them infect, and on and on and on before anyone knows they have it.
    Everyone has to stay away from each other now.
    The world isn’t shutting down just in case, this is the real deal and the pain and suffering will be much more than the financial hit everyone will take.
    2017 FFR MK4 9026, 3 Link, 15" FFR halibrands, cooper cobra tires, '88 302/5.0, GT40 Y303 heads, Performer RPM intake Manifold, Holley 650 DP Carb, Pertronix distributor, T5Z spec built transmission, 3.73 rear end. Ordered Nov 2016, picked up at FFR Feb 2017, first start July 2017, Legal on the road May 2018, still in Gelcoat.

25. Thanks SSNK4US thanked for this post
    Likes GoDadGo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    as a physician working in close contact with the face (ear, nose, throat- head and neck surgeon), we are at a high risk of contracting the virus. some of the evidence from china and europe shows that nasal surgery with an infected individual is extremely contageous. many of the physicians dying in china are ENTs and ophthalmologists. we too are very short on n95 respirators. one of our local engineering firms have devised a way of sterilizing the used masks. what infuriates me is the CDC's recommendations to use bandanas and scarves in the event of mask shortages. as one physician noted, this is like sending troops to the front line of a war wearing t-shirts and flip flops. we are asking our community to consider donating any PPEs or n95 respirators to their local hospitals. we have cut down our elective clinic schedules and OR cases, but I am still at risk. I'm not worried about contracting the virus myself, but am scared of giving it to my family, my parents, my patients, MIL, etc.
    best of luck to any of the medical providers out there as they are truly on the front lines of this war. stay healthy and keep fighting the good fight.
    for all others, please heed the warnings of social distancing and self quarantining as this will help us "flatten the curve" and spread out the infections over a longer period of time to avoid overwhelming our medical system. italy was not so lucky. china has already limited their spread through an aggressive quarantine. local and national leaders need to be aggressive with public policy so we don't see millenial and gen z idiots flooding miami beach because they want to party for spring break.

27. Thanks GoDadGo, Jkviper thanked for this post
    Likes rsw81, SSNK4US liked this post
    Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by egchewy79 View Post
    as a physician working in close contact with the face (ear, nose, throat- head and neck surgeon), we are at a high risk of contracting the virus. some of the evidence from china and europe shows that nasal surgery with an infected individual is extremely contageous. many of the physicians dying in china are ENTs and ophthalmologists. we too are very short on n95 respirators. one of our local engineering firms have devised a way of sterilizing the used masks. what infuriates me is the CDC's recommendations to use bandanas and scarves in the event of mask shortages. as one physician noted, this is like sending troops to the front line of a war wearing t-shirts and flip flops. we are asking our community to consider donating any PPEs or n95 respirators to their local hospitals. we have cut down our elective clinic schedules and OR cases, but I am still at risk. I'm not worried about contracting the virus myself, but am scared of giving it to my family, my parents, my patients, MIL, etc.
    best of luck to any of the medical providers out there as they are truly on the front lines of this war. stay healthy and keep fighting the good fight.
    for all others, please heed the warnings of social distancing and self quarantining as this will help us "flatten the curve" and spread out the infections over a longer period of time to avoid overwhelming our medical system. italy was not so lucky. china has already limited their spread through an aggressive quarantine. local and national leaders need to be aggressive with public policy so we don't see millenial and gen z idiots flooding miami beach because they want to party for spring break.
    Well said Chewy... be safe out there.
    - Rob

MkIV Roadster, Complete Kit #9624, Coyote 5.0, TKO600, IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Halibrand Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murd View Post
    I also usually stay out of these types of discussions.
    Unfortunately I think if you are speaking like this you have not educated yourself on this virus. I think most on here understand what exponential means.
    Please do everyone a favor and educate yourself on how this spreads and the rate. Less than two weeks ago there were 500 cases in the Usa. Now over 20k. There were 2000 new in New York yesterday.
    Understand the rate of hospitalization. That’s the danger is overwhelming the medical system.
    The danger isn’t you getting it and getting sick or dying, it’s the 3 people you infect, and the 3 each of them infect, and on and on and on before anyone knows they have it.
    Everyone has to stay away from each other now.
    The world isn’t shutting down just in case, this is the real deal and the pain and suffering will be much more than the financial hit everyone will take.
    I understand what you are saying, but you need to re-read my post, as you are missing my point. I was merely pointing out the way the reporting is to the public, not the way the virus spreads. Reporting without including all of the variables that apply to what we've 'normalized' as a society is irresponsible and 'seems' to parallel with an additional agenda. Not looking for a negative dialogue...just highlighting an opinion.

30. Likes Papa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not trying to be a jerk, I Don’t know if you are following the numbers. Not the news, the numbers. Usa has now taken the number 3 spot in the world for most cases (25000) behind Italy (53000). They had less than a third of that a week ago and they’ve already been under lockdown how long? Couple weeks?
    Its not the flu. It’s not comparable to the flu. Unfortunately that was a big talking point in certain circles until a couple weeks ago.
    The death rate isn’t the issue, It’s the hospitalization rate.
    The agenda is keeping the numbers to a level the health system can even try to handle. This isn’t an American problem, it’s a world problem. Here in Canada and the USA we have the luxury of being weeks behind the rest of the world in the spread. Learn from their mistakes.
    Our parents and grandparents left to fight a war, we’re being asked to stay home for a few weeks.
    2017 FFR MK4 9026, 3 Link, 15" FFR halibrands, cooper cobra tires, '88 302/5.0, GT40 Y303 heads, Performer RPM intake Manifold, Holley 650 DP Carb, Pertronix distributor, T5Z spec built transmission, 3.73 rear end. Ordered Nov 2016, picked up at FFR Feb 2017, first start July 2017, Legal on the road May 2018, still in Gelcoat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murd View Post
    I’m not trying to be a jerk, I Don’t know if you are following the numbers. Not the news, the numbers. Usa has now taken the number 3 spot in the world for most cases (25000) behind Italy (53000). They had less than a third of that a week ago and they’ve already been under lockdown how long? Couple weeks?
    Its not the flu. It’s not comparable to the flu. Unfortunately that was a big talking point in certain circles until a couple weeks ago.
    The death rate isn’t the issue, It’s the hospitalization rate.
    The agenda is keeping the numbers to a level the health system can even try to handle. This isn’t an American problem, it’s a world problem. Here in Canada and the USA we have the luxury of being weeks behind the rest of the world in the spread. Learn from their mistakes.
    Our parents and grandparents left to fight a war, we’re being asked to stay home for a few weeks.
    Yes, following the numbers as well. Italy is especially troublesome. If anything, it will forever change how and who we do business with globally. Which is not a bad thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like so many of you, my wife and I are heeding the direction to hunker down. Rather than being with our two, young grandchildren almost every day, we are only able to talk to them from our porch. It’s kind of boring for them. Sad. The irony of all this is that the more successful we are in containing this virus the more we’ll start hearing from the naysayers when it’s all over how unnecessary all these precautions were. Let’s hope they have a lot to complain about. Thanks both to all those essential people out there who are keeping us going and also to those who are staying home.
    Phil: FFR 3121, Frame #2050, Mk 1.5, built 2002, 1991 donor with Blueprint 302 long block and 1993 Cobra intake, BBK 70mm T/B, no smog, power steering, T-5 and 3.55 rear.

34. Thanks GoDadGo, rsw81 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ptstew View Post
    The irony of all this is that the more successful we are in containing this virus the more we’ll start hearing from the naysayers when it’s all over how unnecessary all these precautions were. Let’s hope they have a lot to complain about.
    Your Statement Screams Volumes!

My friend Mike's daughter and future son in law are quarantined because of a fishing trip where that future son in law's brother came down with the bug last week.
    Both are Bar Pilots so who knows were this young fellow got it because both are hopping on and off ships each and every day near the mount of the river.
    Mike's irony is that he owns a small grocery store in New Orleans, so he's staying away from all of the folks that he loves so very much.
    He's got his Mom & Dad locked down since they are both in their early 80's, but that is tough because they are an active pair.
    His step daughter has CF, like Dave Smith's daughter Jenny, so she's locked down too because she's got serious issues.
    My pal is simply trying to keep every body fed, his family and staff healthy, and his grocery little store open.

If we all avoid stupid behavior, and pray in the process, we just might minimize this Pandemic!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 03-22-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We're practicing social safety / self-isolation and praying.
    Just wanted to share some good news, since we don't get much of it from the media.
    I received an email from Harbor Freight today (I'm already a customer and will continue, but wanted to share):
    So we’ve decided to donate our entire supply of the personal protective equipment items listed below to front line hospitals with 24 hour emergency rooms in the communities served by our stores.

• N95 Masks
    • Face Shields
    • 5 and 7 mil Nitrile Gloves
    We need more good news.........
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

37. Thanks GoDadGo, rsw81 thanked for this post
    Likes phileas_fogg, skidd, Mark Eaton liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malaria pills might hold the cure ,per news https://www.foxnews.com/media/toxico...d-19-treatment

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Real time recon View Post
    Malaria pills might hold the cure ,per news https://www.foxnews.com/media/toxico...d-19-treatment
    Real Time,

A friend of mine is an HR Director at a hospital in New Orleans.
    He said that they doctors there have been using that drug and it "Seems" to be helping.
    Hopefully things will improve sooner than later.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Real Time,

A friend of mine is an HR Director at a hospital in New Orleans.
    He said that they doctors there have been using that drug and it "Seems" to be helping.
    Hopefully things will improve sooner than later.

Steve
    Steve,

Any good news we get right now is welcome. As I learn more and keep trying to understand the severity of this virus, I have to admit that I significantly underestimated the seriousness of this thing. I'm still not panicking, but I'm considering every aspect within my control to be sure my family is able to get through this.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

41. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Likes skidd liked this post
    Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real time recon View Post
    Yep! It's not well studied, but anecdotally hydroxychloroquine +/- azithromycin are showing good results abroad and are being utilized in NYC and Seattle with promising results. We'll see where the data leads us! They are reporting undetectable viral loads after 6 days of treatment, which would be life changing for the entire country!
    - Rob

43. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsw81 View Post
    Yep! It's not well studied, but anecdotally hydroxychloroquine +/- azithromycin are showing good results abroad and are being utilized in NYC and Seattle with promising results. We'll see where the data leads us! They are reporting undetectable viral loads after 6 days of treatment, which would be life changing for the entire country!
    up to 10 million pills are on the way https://www.israel21c.org/israels-te...-us-hospitals/

45. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Likes rsw81 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A man and his wife took chloroquine without the hydroxy in front of it because they heard “chloroquine” mentioned in a trump news conference. He died yesterday? Today? His wife is in ICU?
    Please be careful with names of drugs being thrown around.... ya never know who’s listening

Kurt
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

47. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The stupidity amazes me. Who would take something used to kill parasites in your pet fish because you heard a drug name in a news conference. Really

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorP View Post
    The stupidity amazes me. Who would take something used to kill parasites in your pet fish because you heard a drug name in a news conference. Really
    It's easy to dismiss people as stupid, but the reality is people are scared and panicky. That makes it easier to make a big mistake. Not trying to excuse someone for drinking aquarium cleaner, just remember everyone is trying to do their best. Be compassionate.
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.

50. Thanks SSNK4US thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I found the article in case anybody wants to read it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/healt...ath/index.html

Heck, I chopped my pinkie off of my left hand on Apirl 23, 2017 by not paying proper attention to what I was doing so stuff happens.
    It's been reattached so I can still count to 10 so now I really watch my pinkies and all my other finger too.

https://youtu.be/QyMN73IW6I8

My point is was all make bad decisions and some of us pay for them with our lives, others with their pinkies.

Fear & Panic Never Help Us, Do They?
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 03-25-2020 at 07:42 PM.

52. Thanks SSNK4US thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Gang,

If you have some time for a few extra prayers, please take the time and say them.
    Our ill family members of our country and the world could really use them.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mardi Gras Seemed Like So Long Ago, But It Ended February 25th, 2020.

Here is where we were in the Big Easy according to CNN when over a 1,000,000 people came to New Orleans to party like it was 1999:

From CNN's Michael Nedelman / February 25,2020

The US 14 cases include eight in California, one in Massachusetts, one in Washington state, one in Arizona, two in Illinois and one in Wisconsin. Among these cases, there are two instances of person-to-person transmission: one in Illinois and one in California.

As of today, April 3,2020, here are the numbers in my little state of Louisiana:

9,150 Cases Reported
    ...310 Deaths Reported

1,639 Reported COVID-19 Patients in Hospitals
    ...507 of those on ventilators

My point is we never know what the future will bring so please do what you can to save every life you can by limiting the spread.

Lets Hope & Pray That This Plague Passes Us All Sooner Than Later!

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 04-03-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can only imagine how many from Mardi Gras attendees are infected and either don’t know it or won’t know it because they can’t be tested. An unbelievable cluster this has been and the impact will be huge. I don’t agree with the possible bounce back with the economy, it just does not happen that way. Over the next 6-12 months I think we will see things we did not imagine with massive layoffs that are permanent, not “furloughs” as some are using. Consumer spending will not rebound as too many will either be out of work or be minding their money as overall business will be down for everyone. I stopped all spending by me a my wife a month ago other than food and pay the bills. I will not be opening up the purse strings likely for 12-18 mths depending on how all this plays out. Just got to hope I can stay employed.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

56. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm moving this thread from roadster to Off Topic.

Please avoid politicizing this thread!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

58. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post

Amen David & Stay Safe!

Again, Lets Hope & Pray That This Plague Passes Us All Sooner Than Later!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KDubU View Post

Just got to hope I can stay employed.

Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    I'm moving this thread from roadster to Off Topic.

No worries - it's beyond political insanity now - it's mass hysteria.

We've currently put 10,000,000 Americans out of work, and borrowed (or printed, or digitized) $2,000,000,000,000 over <7,000 deaths.

We could not possibly afford to do that over 10,000,000 deaths.

Not a big FDR fan, but I offer his words of wisdom from a far different time:

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself"

And this complete fear driven insanity is likely to leave any survivors with nothing to do but hoe their rows, and hope to gather enough to make it through next winter.

We're all going to have to stand up, accept some risk (and danger) and get back to work, or suffer the consequences.

I hate to say it, but I'm speaking truth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike223 View Post
    No worries - it's beyond political insanity now - it's mass hysteria.

We've currently put 10,000,000 Americans out of work, and borrowed (or printed, or digitized) $2,000,000,000,000 over <7,000 deaths.

We could not possibly afford to do that over 10,000,000 deaths.

Not a big FDR fan, but I offer his words of wisdom from a far different time:

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself"

And this complete fear driven insanity is likely to leave any survivors with nothing to do but hoe their rows, and hope to gather enough to make it through next winter.

We're all going to have to stand up, accept some risk (and danger) and get back to work, or suffer the consequences.

I hate to say it, but I'm speaking truth.
    Amen, someone had to come out and say it. I work for the fire department and have been exposed to Covid many times now, still surviving at this point. There is a good chance I will get it, if/when I do then I will ride it out and move on... and if I die I guess it is my time to go. I cant live my life in a bubble. I definitely do what I can to prevent getting it or spreading it to anyone else.

Another issue this Covid panic is causing other than possibly creating a great depression for our country is people are not receiving medical treatment for other life threatening issues. We had a walk in medical aid at my fire station I work at yesterday for 54 year old male with cardiac problems, he was in SVT. After assessing him he told us they have indefinitely delayed his ablation surgery because of Covid. He also had to be transported to the ER in a petri dish ambulance and visit the emergency room increasing his exposure to Covid.

I think what the public has forgot is less than 1% of people who get Covid 19 die from it, for most it is like getting the flu which sucks but definitely not a death sentence. Last year 60,000 people died from pneumonia, and another 60,000 died from the influenza. Death happens every day in our country, 680,000 people die every year from cancer, 37,000 people every year die from car accidents. The list goes on and on.. could you imagine if the government told people to stop driving your car because too many people die from vehicle accidents.

We can only hope Trump sends people back to work sooner than later, my daughter has lost her job and is now living with us until she can return to work. Sure she can collect unemployment which helps but most Americans want to get back on with life, return to work and be productive again. Like Trump said "Our country was not built on being idle".

Sorry, my rant is over... hopefully I did not offend anyone but this Covid panic/lock down is ruining this country.
    Build #9818 completed 04/2021 - Dart SBF 427, PF4 EFI, TKO600 Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...utton-head-mod
    Build review video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IAbo2sFt4&t=1111s My finished car: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1638415131

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Fman! Couldn't agree more with you. Every day 90 people die in motor vehicle incidents and 120 from suicide.
    Thanks for your sacrifice being a first responder!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gentlemen,

I asked for folks to pray for our country and our people; that is all.
    If you don't want to pray then that is okay, but is the almighty dollar more important that our neighbors?
    Our Fathers, Uncles and Grand Fathers went off to war and we were just asked to stay put for a little while.
    Again, I asked for folks to pray and if they don't want to then that is okay.

Steve

Note:TThis Lady Worked For My Pal Brion S. In New Orleans In Their E.R.
    ..........https://www.fox8live.com/2020/04/02/...-caring-nurse/
    ..........He said she was one of the kindest people he had ever had the opportunity to work with.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 04-06-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast