Taking my first steps into what seems to be an amazing ritual with this intro post. Name is Federico, but everyone calls me Fede (not pronounced like fetta cheese, though!), born in Spain, raised and escaped Venezuela in 2006, now a proud Texan. Previous owner of a Mustang GT, now with a Miata MX-5 and a Harley Sportster.

After gobbling as much information as possible, doing every combination of "factory five (my question here)" on Google, bookmarking posts by GoDadGo, edwardb, Papa, and others, and watched every timelapse build video on YouTube, I've decided to pull the trigger on my Mk4 Roadster this week. However, I wanted to call upon the collective knowledge to get some pearls of wisdom on my build spec. While my primary goal for going down this journey is to both end up with an amazing and beautiful car, as well as learn and have a ton of fun along the way, I would like to minimize hiccups and really disruptive surprises as much as possible. From all that I've read, I get the sense that if I go with the Complete Kit, get a Blueprint engine, and don't do any crazy mods, the process should be reasonably straightforward, yet there are some videos and posts of people CNCing their own parts, cutting and rebuilding the body/frame, etc. Could anybody take a look at my order and tell me if anything here is a pain to deal with or if I'm missing something either critical or suggested? Completely open to feedback and criticism here.

Basics:
  • MK4 Roadster - Complete Kit
  • Blueprint - 306 Carbureted with Power Steering

Mandatory:
  • 16613 - Powder coating (is this needed?)
  • 16758 - 302 headers
  • 34158 - Hydraulic clutch
  • 16038 - Driveshaft for 302 with TKO600 and 2015 IRS
  • 16799 - Power steering kit
  • 12066 - Standard width tubular control arms
  • 16598 - 2015 IRS

Optional:
  • 16689 - 17x9'' and 17x10.5'' Halibrand with MT tires
  • 17063 - Heater/defroster
  • 16668 - 2018 IRS 3.55 Center section, spindles, and hubs
  • 16921 - Hydraulic clutch throw-out (Is this needed for 34158?)
  • 15370 - 12.88'' front Wilwood brakes
  • 15988 - 12.88'' 2015 IRS Wilwood brakes

Thank you so much in advance and looking forward to sharing my journey with y'all!