I began looking at my seating position to try and see how I can pass the broomstick test. In my planning I thought I would be able to cut out the X bracing and lower the seat bottom to the bottom of the frame but this does not give me enough leg room to the pedals. I have cut down the Wilwood master cylinder rods by 0.5" which helped, but I may need to cut them down further. I have way more than 5" of pedal travel so I think there is more room to reduce these down and give more leg room. Plus the brake is a good 2-3" above the accelerator pedal so this would not be ideal. To be the most comfortable and provide adequate leg room the seat needs to be pushed back up again the interior firewall. This put the bottom of the seat over the front cross bar that is right in front of the fuel tank. It does not seem like a good idea to modify this cross bar or would be quite a challenge to modify and rebrace the frame. I think the best bet is to utilize a small hoop over the driver's side like FFR did with their 818R as seen in the pic below. This will disrupt the aero to the rear wing a little, but I am not sure if it would be enough to consider adding a full bar across the top. A full bar across the top could then be turned into a fairing to try and help with the airflow, but seems like a lot of work. The first picture is with the seat moved forward over the X brace with a 15 degree tilt back but does not provide enough leg room. The second picture is the seat pushed back up against the interior firewall with a 10 degree tilt back. From the quick measurements it looks like I need at least a 2" bump over the driver's side to be able to pass the test.
Seating Position-15 deg tilt back & FWD.JPG Seating Position-10 deg tilt back & moved back.JPG 818R Additional Hoop.JPG

As I was trying to complete the rear suspension I noticed there was a slight hiccup with raising my engine 1.5". The rear shock tower brace does not fit because it is hitting the top of the clutch fork and the rear of the V37 turbo. So I am in the process of notching the cross bar to be able to clear both of these interferences. I am going to try and add a flat plate over the notches to try and bring back the original stiffness for any bending moments. I am a little nervous about any torsional loads, but it seems like most would be in bending and not so much torsion.