Like a lot of folks I have dreamt about building a Factory Five kit almost since they started business. And like most others life kept getting in the way. Until now!!! I put my order in this morning for a 65 Daytona Coupe complete kit. Now before I get a ton of posts about this shouldn't be a race please read the complete post.

65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit
Powder coated chassis
Coupe GPS gauges
302/351 mounts
Body cutouts
Vinyl seats
Power steering
IRS

Options:
AC/Heat
Carpet
14" leather wheel
Side windows
Floormats
Battery cutoff
Front and rear sway bars
18" Halibrand wheels
Double Adjustable KONI shocks
Red Welwood brakes

Also ordering a Forte 427EFI crate engine with a TKX 5 speed

I'm still trying to define custom items.

Now to explain about the race. I have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL). I have been to stage 4 twice and thru chemo and now a daily pill I am back to stage zero. I have been fighting this for 4 years now. I will eventually loose this battle. So the race is not to complete the car in record breaking time, it is being able to complete the car and have the enjoyment of driving it before the CLL wins. Wish me luck!!

Recently my employer offered an early retirement package that now gave me the financial ability and the time to take on this project. I expect the lead times for both the kit and the engine package to be 7 - 8 months so updates to this thread will be sparse to start with but as soon as I am given the ability to post pics I do have recent updates to share.

I look forward to the build and to any and all help anyone has to offer. I want to thank all of those who have posted threads as it gave me the confidence to tackle this project knowing that if I have a question I have a hugh family of folks willing and able to guide me thru.