Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Florin Hill Roadster Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Florin Hill Roadster Thread

Ok gents, kit's ordered, completion date in September.

Full kit.
    Sourced a Gen III Coyote from Mike Forte (what a character and he deserves all the accolades I see on here), fully trimmed with the TKX transmission.
    Went with the power steering, Mike setting up the pump for me, FF kit for the rest.
    Also opted for IRS, gist from the folks here is it's a little more money, not much more difficulty in setting up, and it's one of those things that you'll wish you did if you didn't.
    Everything else basically sourced from FF: wheels, tires (went with the 17), in tank fuel etc.

My personal flourish (I hope) is to finish the dash and maybe some of the interior with wood veneer, kind of give it a nautical look, or a classic looking British roaster. Any advice folks have on using wood, I'll take it.

I'm in PA and looking at the vehicle inspection requirements, I believe I'll need windshield wipers (which I got from FF) and side pipe heat shields (I found some on Finish Line accessories). From the inspection guide, it looks like I don't need self-cancelling turn signals, but I feel like I saw someone saying you did in PA.

I found In Tune Autoworks in Harrisburg that seems to work with Mustangs (they look like they are next door to CJ's Pony Parts, who also sells aftermarket Mustang parts), I haven't called to find out, but I'm hoping they can tune my Coyote for me.

Also, my garage is small, it barely fits two cars. I've got the body buck built and on stilts to put stuff underneath so I think I'll make it. But any advice folks have on working on one of these in tight spaces, I'll take it.

Any case, I'm looking forward to posting on here and I'll be in touch
    Last edited by nashuanuke; 07-03-2023 at 01:28 PM.